ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Toda Vtec Killer Cams

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Crazy ass cams

Sounds like a small block chevvy :cool:

[YOUTUBE]dHVCyj4GqPo[/YOUTUBE]

ValverInBits
Having a flick through related vids. I found quite a few of this car. I'm no expert on the limits of compression for a petrol engine......but this guy reckons he is running 16.8:1 !!!

He's written the C/R on all his vids too so it's no typo. Is he an idiot, and his C/R is not actually that high? or is he running MEGA octane (110RON+)
Any guesses?

[YOUTUBE]vS-EPuOP7pI[/YOUTUBE]

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
It'll be next to undrivable on the road. They're normally used for drag builds where low-rpm running and tractability aren't exactly an issue. lol

Having a flick through related vids. I found quite a few of this car. I'm no expert on the limits of compression for a petrol engine......but this guy reckons he is running 16.8:1 !!!

He's written the C/R on all his vids too so it's no typo. Is he an idiot, and his C/R is not actually that high? or is he running MEGA octane (110RON+)
Any guesses?

QUOTE]

Static CR values should not be used as an indication of anything. It assumes 100% VE, and depending on the engine spec (especially vtec killers), his VE curve is not likely to even reach the 70 percentile range until 4-5000rpm.

The more restricted your engine is, the more CR you can afford to run...in laymans.