ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Todays Work

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Well today had its up's and down's.

After starting work at 5am this morning i got finished around 2pm and the started on the clio.
Now a few weeks ago i thought i had a stuffed CAT and i knew i had a blow at the joins so after buying genuine renault parts i set about doing that.

I also fitted my new air box bolts as well as a new pollen filter.

AirboxBolts01.gif

AirboxBolts02.gif

Airbox03.gif

Airbox04.gif

Jacked01.gif

Jacked02.gif

OldCalmp01.gif

OldCalmp02.gif

NewClamp01.gif

NewClamp02.gif

OldFittingKit01.gif

OldFittingKit02.gif

NewFittingKit01.gif

NewFittingKit02.gif

Now i also noticed that the centre exhaust mount is burst and hanging like jo brands tits.
Im now going to order up a new one from renault and het that fitted.

Now the bigger problem is going to cost me....... The CAT itself never actually had a problem but the join itself did.
It has snapped and burst and that was rattling about in the join which made me thing it was the CAT itself.
I have packed the join with high temp gasket sealer and im going to hope it holds up but either way i need a new CAT, second hand CAT or a De-CAT

When i do get a replacement CAT or what ever i will also be buying the fitting kit and the clamp once again to have it all fitted and fixed correctly.

BurstMount.gif

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Looks good mark.

Has it fixed the seal between the exhaust ?

Sam!

The Manifold to CAT join is spot on and there is no blow what so ever but the edge on the CAT that meets the centre section as in this picture has a big chunk missing and has fell off and it was that which was rattling about in the join which made me think my cat was stuff (well it is)
As its all cracked and there is a huge gap (you can get a finger in) its blown very badly and i have had to pack loads of silicon sealer to try and stop it.

Cracked.gif

What's the one going through the ECU bracket for? Looks good!

Its a spare red bolt that i got for my airbox and its going to be used to hold my battery cover in place when i get one

Last edited:
Mine suffers from the same issue on the olive join, tempted to just get Fred to sleeve my Yozza/Cat so that there's no more problems!
Mine too, I ended up getting a Milltek so I could make use of the sleeved decat join. It was nothing to do with my Yozza, it's just the mental design of the cat join by Renault.

Cat failure there is a common problem. you can weld on a sleeve on the centre section and have it so that it slip fits the cat, or I have welded on a 2 bolt flange for 1 customer (at his request)

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Cat failure there is a common problem. you can weld on a sleeve on the centre section and have it so that it slip fits the cat, or I have welded on a 2 bolt flange for 1 customer (at his request)

If im honest i would not trust or have anyone up here to do this to my car.
Im either going to source a second hand CAT or a de-cat for the car.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
If im honest i would not trust or have anyone up here to do this to my car.
Im either going to source a second hand CAT or a de-cat for the car.

Well you're being daft then, just as many skilled people in the local area as anywhere else. Exhaust could get done in shotts, belt/cams anything like that in Stirling, proper suspension setup in sighthill or larbert, you name it and someone here can do it.

ST
Well you're being daft then, just as many skilled people in the local area as anywhere else. Exhaust could get done in shotts, belt/cams anything like that in Stirling, proper suspension setup in sighthill or larbert, you name it and someone here can do it.

Agreed John, there are some great garages around.. Pro-Grip, Extreme, Simon's exhaust, C&C to name a few.. It's only a 182 at the end of the day, not a classic 911 ffs!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Agreed John, there are some great garages around.. Pro-Grip, Extreme, Simon's exhaust, C&C to name a few.. It's only a 182 at the end of the day, not a classic 911 ffs!

And that's just off the top of your head. Basically Marc, you'd have to be mental to go to England to get that fixed!

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
The Only place i know of and trust so far is SWR in stirling and willy at CLCM.

I dont know of anyone else around that can do exactly what i want and i dont to a butchered job either.

A list of contact names and numbers would be very helpful providing they know there stuff.

ST
The Only place i know of and trust so far is SWR in stirling and willy at CLCM.

I dont know of anyone else around that can do exactly what i want and i dont to a butchered job either.

A list of contact names and numbers would be very helpful providing they know there stuff.

Google is you're friend.. CS also has a wealth of knowledge, when I joined back in 04 I didn't know where to start but trial and error with different companies/garages built reputation.