ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Toms RS200 Track Car

RS Clio 200
I thought I might as well start on this forum with a little introduction with a build thread on my car progress so far.

It all started exactly 12 months ago when I decided I wanted to give trackdays ago so I sold my Passat CC and swapped it for a 2010 plate Clio 200. With a view to keeping it standard and just using it on track at the weekends. I went to my first track day Feb 2016 as a passenger and then the bug bit badly. It's been a steady upgrade process over the past 12 months with quite a few track days thrown in so far!

Here's a photo of the car when I got it 12 months ago.
24085644715_315cb73e42_z.jpg

Upgrades so far.
Sparco Evo Seats with 6 points racing harnesses.
Rear seats removed
AC Removed with AC Delete kit
Light weight Crank Pulley.
Full Cambelt kit and dephaser fitted.
Purple Polybush engine, gearbox and ARB mounts
Black series Wishbone bushes.
Toyosport Manifold
Miltek Resonated exhaust with decat.
Rainsport Uniroyal - Wet wheels
Federal RSR - Dry wheels
Compbrake Adjustable top mounts
20mm spacers
1' Pure motorsport rear shims
Final Geo is 2.5' Camber Front, 1.5' Camber rear with 12'' of total toe out on the front.
Gaz Gold Coilovers with 600/350lbs springs
Upgraded Panel filter
Recently replaced the clutch and slave cylinder after failing at the last track day.

25193668709_b851668d96_z.jpg

Where it all started in 2016 with the Renault Sport Track day at Oulton Park.
26354377802_72c9ce1d8b_z.jpg

26530605185_f349f1f1b1_z.jpg

Few more track days along the way from Anglesey, Oulton Park and Snetterton.

31030152316_891b7dfe0a_c.jpg

30923587512_0592f1a145_c.jpg

Great photo below for all the Clios fans!

30983439461_1dd70ab60e_c.jpg

33040893015_540abb8efc_c.jpg

And the obligatory broken down Clio after a failed slave cylinder cut my last track day short at Anglesey right at dinner time.

32973879612_614c2222e9_c.jpg

I had loads of photos of all the upgrade stages I've been through since I started with this car but tried to keep it short and sweet with just some of the main photos.
Will post up some track days videos too if people are interested.

Lots more exciting things to come with this car including big 2 piece brake kit 330mm kit being fitted and tested on this car next week on behalf of Compbrake motorsport, Who I've also been working with to help design some new/redesigned products for the 1*2 market too!

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Welcome to the club. I knew hiw this was going to go when I saw "a view to keeping it standard" [emoji38]. Car looks good mate, are you bringing it to CSF at Blyton this year?

RS Clio 200
Thanks! I had the best intentions but it didn't last long.
Well here's an upgrade for this week. I have been meaning to get around to refreshing the brake set up on this car for a while.
I've been working on a 330mm bolt on brake kit for the clios.
While i'm doing this I've ordered some Hel Braided brake lines, some new motul brake fluid and longer bolts and washers to accommodate the bracket to space the calipers out further with the new two piece disks.
Going to put in a set of brand new brembo pads I have spare in my tool box for the time being but i'll be ordering some CL RC5+ brake pads before the next track day.

33057738830_2f7c45df13_z.jpg

RS Clio 200
Tiny update for a big job.

Got the 330mm brakes on today with new braided lines, fresh Motul fluid and a new set of brake pads.
There is about 3mm clearance between the outside of the caliper and the inside rim of the wheels. Had to remove the wheel weights and will have to get them rebalanced with the weights in a different location.

All ready for Snetterton next month then the Renault Sport day.

33473403236_4d3cb3703a_z.jpg

Also fitted the cup spoiler this morning. Finishes off the back of the car nicely.

33385825331_3ddae631b8_z.jpg

RS Clio 200
Didn't realise you were on here Tom.

The Clio's coming on nicely:up:

Cheers Joe!
Must keep this thread up to date. Loads has changed with the car lately. Will have to catch up at some point, you got any track days in mind?

RS Clio 200
Reporting back from Snetterton from Easter weekend.
I'll start by letting the photos do the talking...

33332931343_ffe7afd45f_c.jpg

Hounded this Caterham like this for 2 laps and still wouldn't let me past while I was out with an Instructor getting some driver training.
34103413876_3be352af85_c.jpg

Car looking and feeling so much better now it's lowered on adjustable coilivers, changes to geometry in the afternoon really helping on track.
34103413936_d3f6a5f251_c.jpg

Love this rear view shot showing off the new rear spoiler and the Renault plates really finish it off.
33986787992_655937f11e_c.jpg

Snetterton was absolutely fantastic once again, certainly worth the 4 hours drive. Luckily I was able to tow the car down on the trailer and sleep over in the Campervan on the Thursday night in the paddock right outside of our garage.

After only doing the wet morning at Anglesey before the clutch went I never really got to fully feel how much of a difference the coilovers made to the handling of the car. However this time the track was bone dry from the start and remained that way all day which enabled me to really get to grips with the new set up and dial it in.

Overall the suspension changes such as black Polybushes, Gaz coilovers with a track focused set up and the big 335mm brake kit combined with DS1.11 brake pads made a massive difference to how the car performed on track. Carrying much more speed through the corners and being able to brake much later than usual. In the afternoon I added a few more clicks of compression, added some more camber on the top mounts which in turn added some more toe out and the car was going even better, much better turn in, staying much flatter through the corners enable the inside wheel to maintain grip and allowing me to get on the power a little sooner. All in all the Clio was going really really well.

I'll start posting videos up here when they're uploaded to youtube.

So as a few people knew I had the car booked in at EFI for 12pm on Saturday for Tuning. Got there had a chat with Chris and the job he had started in the morning had ran into a few issues and was going to overrun. I had keep all saturday free for the visit anyway so went off to get something to eat with friends for a hour while he finished mapping the kit car without any pressure from waiting customers. When we got back he was just finishing up and then ready to put the Clio onto the Dyno.
Had a chat about the cars current set up, what was changed, what the problems were, what fuel I run the car on (99Ron) and talked him through what had been changed, too much to list here, while he was strapping it down onto the Dyno, I was expecting inital pull of something in the mid 180's as I know this dyno reads very well compared with others. If i remember correctly the first pull was 193bhp which I was really happy with to start with and it was running reasonable well on the standard map with the breathing mods which had been done.
Chris set about putting on a map from a very similar spec'd car and started the process of live tuning the ECU with a wide range of dyno driving simulating a range of condition, Partial throttle, 50% throttle and full throttle driving on the dyno all at different points in the rev range. Then started doing some more full dyno runs and looking at the AFR and the power/torque curves. He then went back and changed the map and repeated the cycle over and over again for about 2 hours making fine adjustments to the map and at the same time lifted the rev limiter to 7750.

Really happy with the shape on the graphs and the figures. 201.5bhp and a really flat 160ftlb across the rev range. The only thing that did come out of it was the VVT was responding very slow at 2800RPM, but was fine else where. Got a few things he has suggested I try which will just help smoothen out the driving of it at that rev point.

Another graph from EFI from one of the many runs but this one gives more a direct back to back comparison between before and after, this wasn't the final run on the dyno but it gives a good indication of the changes.

34046457160_f1438941b5_c.jpg

Another update. Ordered some new tyres in 225/45/17, slightly wider and cheaper too, wont be fitting these until after the track day on Sunday. But took two wheels to be balanced ready for the track day on Saturday.

Got the car booked in for a full 4 wheel alignment tomorrow while i'm at work, be interesting to see what the new set up is like, much more camber going on.

No photos yet, but have been very productive with a few late nights recently.

Stripped both Hub assemblies to inspect the quality of the lower swivel Hubs.
Replaced drop links
Replaced rotation links
Replaced driver side track rod.
New rose joint in the Gaz Top mount.
Replaced the single spring for shorter spring and helper.
Gave the interior a good clean and wash including the steering wheel and belts.
Got it booked in for a proper full alightment set up on Thursday before loading up for the Renault Sport Day at Anglesey on Saturday.

Next lot of track day action.
If anyone is around Saturday I am at Anglesey with the Renault sport day if anyone fancies popping down while the weather is forecast good.

34046440620_2e4bfa11b5_c.jpg

RS Clio 200
Unsure of how many people actually read these updates but I've been enjoying sitting down and writing up what's been going on with the Clio Track car and keeping this thread up to do

Renault Sport Day 6th May 2017

The weather forecast was looking really promising for the weekend so as usual I got the car loaded up and onto the trailer on Thursday night after picking it up from having the alignment done. Set off for Wales around 5pm to get there as early as possible and set up for the evening and have my self a little BBQ making the most of the good weather. Ditched the trailer outside the garage with my name on it in the paddock and drove to one of the higher sections of the track with an amazing view over to Wales and the sea.

33706426653_6f5a842af2_c.jpg

Woke up nice and early and while the weather wasn't as nice as the previous evening it was time to put on the dry tyres, check the fluids and tyre pressures. Car performed flawless all day which is a great feeling after cutting the last day at Anglesey short.
The Renault Sport day was fantastic, this is the second one I have done now, there was 35 cars booked onto the track day, which meant that there was no queuing to get out on track and the track was perfect, enough traffic to keep it entertaining but clear enough to be able to get in some really good sessions, currently working on the videos to give you an idea.

34386622771_56fef1bc29_c.jpg

As always I was there with my friend Chris in his White Cup keeping things competitive as usual, had a little bit of tuition on track too before dinner time, few little tweaks with line choice and driving a little smoother but no major changes to driving at the moment which was confidence inspiring.

34516954845_0034358de1_c.jpg

As usual Renault brought down a number of cars mostly 001 manufactured cars including a range of demo cars which drivers were able to take out on track with driving instructor free of charge.

34131279340_921637e84f_c.jpg

Took my summer tyres knowing they roughly had one day left in them, by the end of the day the front left had certainly got to the end of it's life, at this point around 3pm they were certainly not performing to their usual standard but they lasted the the last session without any issues with a good wear across the whole tread considering how hard Anglesey is on tyres. Time to get the new set of rubber fitted. This set did really well the fronts were slightly worn when fitted and lasted me 3/4 full dry days, the rears were new when fitted and are only 50% worn after the same amount of days,
Time to try the 225-45-17 Semi slicks.

33706426083_37f340c440_c.jpg

More Videos.....

First up was Rob. Great driver Owns a DC5 and EP3 Race car and has been racing Honda Civics this year. Perfect chance to test the passenger reaction camera with my own open face helmet. He's a section from the middle of a 17 minute session out on track when both Chris and Rob were together for a few laps.

Clio 200 CUP
The car that over ran with problems what car was it ? Also the kitcar was it a black MeV rocket with a problem with the gear Slector ?

Looks like a great build tho I us to have a 200 cup for travkdays like you it was meant to stay standard but sold that now and moved up the track car ladder
IMG_0287_zpsgaqyghgb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

RS Clio 200
The car that over ran with problems what car was it ? Also the kitcar was it a black MeV rocket with a problem with the gear Slector ?

Looks like a great build tho I us to have a 200 cup for travkdays like you it was meant to stay standard but sold that now and moved up the track car ladder
IMG_0287_zpsgaqyghgb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

It was a clio 182 and yeah it was a kit car with issues with the gear selector during mapping.

RS Clio 200
That was me haha we had a few issues But Chris was great and we got it all running well it's a 172 aswell not the 182

Ahh yeah, didn't really get a good look at the car to be honest with us going getting lunch. Really happy with the car as it is now it's mapped however it has started me thinking onto the next big power upgrade coming for 2018.

Clio 200 CUP
I never put my 200 on the rollers what do you have in mind for your Clio, my little 172 ran 189 once Chris had finished With her!

RS Clio 200
Addtional Video....

This is a video of my driving around with Chris in the afternoon. Really interesting moment at the end of the video hitting an oil spill around the back straight doing in the region of 110-115mph.

Final Video

Handed the car over to another friend who has been driving various Clios for years and has recently moved over the E36 which is an absolute machine and a total one off. Probably seen the car in some of my other track day videos. Anyway here is he taking my car around Anglesey with me in the passenger seat.

Only the one moment at roughly 6 minutes in.

Photos from the track day.

34437640262_1e1647519c_b.jpg

34599729435_15523149e2_b.jpg

34558159286_cf1f227ef7_b.jpg

34558159166_1edaa2f82c_b.jpg

And planning forward to the next track day.

I had changed a lot of suspension set up, heights, springs, top mount rose joints, rotation link, drop links and a track rod before this Anglesey day so got the geometry checked and set at something I was familiar with. Straight toe and 3 degrees of camber.
Going to have it adjusted towards 3.5 camber and slight toe out for Anglesey at the end of the month.

However I with the lowered rear end and the adjusted camber on the rear i now have 1deg of toe in on the rear. Looking at moving this towards 0 degrees to assist with a little more turn in and playful feel to the rear of the car.
Anyone got any thoughts?

Also fitted the 225/45/17 tyres this week. 20mm spacers and you can see the car is lowered considerably and everything seems to be clearing at the moment with a little bit of a spirited test drive.

34562729265_99a271a912_b.jpg

RS Clio 200
Realised that I've hardly written anything on here since midway through the year.
Thought i'd take an evening and write up some progress from the year and get this thread up to scratch. I am a regular on Clio197/200 but my thread over there appears to be more of a diary than a discussion. Here's to keeping this thread updated.

Anglesey 29th May with Circuitdays

So Anglesey went really well...
Car was running really well, was trying a slightly different car set up after having it aligned to my specifics by a local motorsport company to give me a baseline to work from after having so many suspension things changed.
Car didn't quite feel like I liked it to in the morning, felt like it was pushing wide through the corners and not turning in as well as I was used to and noticed the tyre wear wasn't 100% flat across the brand new front tyres I was running with the 225 profile.
Changed the camber to 3.5 degrees and then added some toe out to help with the turn in, and it was back to feeling amazing again, still need to get the rear beam shimmed at some point too. Stiffened up the rear coilovers a little more and by the 3rd session out there it was really picking up the pace again and surprising some of the other cars.

I was now running 225 fronts and 215 rears with no issues or rubbing and the car is lowered considerably. I'm tempted to say I had slightly more grip on the front with these with a slightly larger contact patch on the front, My friend in his Clio 200also commented on this.
However for some reason I appear to have worn these brand new tyres down to the wear markers in one track day, normally a new set of tyres would last me 3/4 track days on the front but I can tell this set is going to be ready for the bin after two. Potentially the effects of all the suspension changes enabling me to corner faster causing more tyre wear or slightly spinning wheels out of the corners.

Got the chance to drive a friends Storm Grey Clio 200 which we had finished doing a lot of rebuilding on recently, had the engine out and the gearbox rebuilt with a Quaife, Very similar set up to me with the exception of KW Clubsports and the Quaife! I was really shocked with the difference even an ATB diff could make to the cornering on the clios. Couple of times I'd turned in and had to let off a little bit of lock through the corner as the car was being pulled around the corner with the diff....

34310290513_da5212b45e_b.jpg

34989590431_ef9f7a15b6_b.jpg

Little video from the day. Little bit long but some good bits in there.

The test drive in the Clio with quaife got the better of me...
Clio 197/200 gearbox fitted with plated Gripper LSD also fitted with a shorter final drive (4.73)
Recently rebuild with new bearing, seals and syncros

34849994400_caf046a3e3_b.jpg

Put together a little graph to show the differences in Gearbox Ratios between the 200 box and the 197 with a shorter FD

35141427171_1e321908aa_b.jpg

It didn't take long to get the old box out and the new one fitted ready for Cadwell.

34976158690_54ef567d27_b.jpg

All Done and back together in an evening.

34976158320_1ac25d8b40_b.jpg

RS Clio 200
Cadwell Park 27th July 2017
Well I'd finished work for 6 weeks so perfect time to get a track day in mid week which I normally can't do.
Been wanting to do Cadwell Park since I got the car so it was a perfect opportunity to get it done and make the most of the summer weather!

I set about loading up the van and trailer Wednesday morning and set off on the 3 hoursdrive to Cadwell Park Wednesday afternoon. I drove straight to the circuit and found a good location to set up camp for the next two days. Got my self nice and close to the pit lane entry point as close as you can be to the circuit.

35467433933_a810910073_b.jpg

I spent the night camping at the circuit in my van so set the alarm for 7am, I had taken the car off the trailer the night before so was pretty much ready to go in the morning, just a quick change of tyres to the drys and ready to go.
Sighting laps out of the way and it's very clear to see what a good circuit it was going to be with a massive amount of elevation change which you really cannot appreciate on the video footage from the track until you've driven it.
35419461203_d320545755_b.jpg

Car was performing absolutely amazingly. Gripper diff making a massive difference getting the power down in the corners and helping the car hold the racing line though the corners. Also the FD on the gearbox really helped the Clio out on the straights able to really use 5th gear now and continue to accelerate. Shorter gears allowed me to always be in the correct rev range especially between 4th/5th
As the day went on and I got a little more familiar with the track I started to push on with the pace chasing down some much more high powered cars, very fast on the straights but very easily reigned in on a track like Cadwell.

35439084904_f89ae10800_b.jpg

Made some tweaks to the car throughout the day. Actually softened the front dampers a couple of clicks, Cadwell is a very bumpy track!

Only one mechanical issue on the day which was the alternator which decided it would stop charging the car after about 15 minutes in on the last two sessions and would only kick out about 12.5v. Let the car cool down and it was back to 14v for about 15 minutes on track.

Videos from Cadwell.

RS Clio 200
Following on from Cadwell I wasn't 100% happy with the gearbox to be honest. Feels fairly stiff in a few gears and the oil seemed to really be going off when the box temperature was very high.. Update on that coming up shortly...

8 wheels went off for powder coating so the car was left on the driveway on axles stands. Perfect time to do some maintenance and some jobs over a period of a couple of weeks.

35561611123_396e084d09_b.jpg

Changed the gearbox oil back to something I know is a proper GL4 fluid that will be best for the sycnros and if the box is getting hot handle the temps slightly better.

36233294321_fb392355ca_b.jpg

Fitted new gearbox cables ensuring that all the ball joints were correctly lubrated.
35987877660_4765b73658_b.jpg

Stiffer and more substantial lower engine mount fitted to reduce some more of the engine movement. I did make up my own solid rose jointed version but It was a little too much for the time being.

37203980722_539c79d38b_b.jpg

Freshly rebuild alternator with a new Voltage regulator to sort out the charging issues.

37204030732_91fa34865b_b.jpg

8 wheels back from the powder coaters. One set of Cup wheels and one set for 197 wheels. Took the time to weight them properly after they had gone through the same treatment of shot blasting, dipped and powder coated together.
197 wheels = 10kg
200 Cup wheels = 9kg (so a fair bit of rotational mass saved for free)

36314767701_625049e9e5_b.jpg

36458814046_d229c7fa66_b.jpg

RS Clio 200
While the car was off the road on axle stands it was a perfect time to do something I'd been waiting 12 months to do with it...

35534249954_4b6f54fd50_b.jpg

Out came the rest of the interior to make room for the Safety Devices cage. Powder coated yellow with double rear crosses and harness bar.
36607113266_9fcca4978a_b.jpg

Rear beam shimmed to make the geometry a little bit more aggressive.
36336797132_9456b39eb5_b.jpg

Print out looks a little bit like this now with parallel toe front, near parallel rear and 3.5 front camber and more on the rear.
24522810908_ac3fa8f060_b.jpg

After starting to think about the gearbox temps at Cadwell I decided to start to set up something to monitor those temps in the box with the Gripper fitted.

36411958585_a82bffbf68_b.jpg

Heel toe pedal fitted to help out on track. I found the pedals slightly too far away for my own preference.
37389126615_548b79a97a_b.jpg

Also replaced the flexible clutch hose that runs around the engine bay and expansion chamber with a proper braided line and bled the clutch for good measure with all the changes i'd made.
37671074446_a6c34a586b_b.jpg

All back together and back on the road for the time being...

RS Clio 200
Leading up to Oulton park in November I started thinking about what else I wanted to get sorted before the track day.

All started with the important tyre prep. Picked up another set of Clio 197 wheels and sent them away to be powder coated.

26517510139_1563f2874f_b.jpg

Also stocked up on some spare tyres for the additional set of wheels Id had powder coated and a 'couple' of spares too.

26517498639_1aec7cb99d_b.jpg

Had them mounted up to two of the new wheels giving me a total of 6 dry wheels with tyres, a set of wet tyres and two spare alloys in the loft for a rainy day. Can never have too many tyres in stock!

Also spent a little bit of time setting up a Arduino Data logger in the glove box. Wired in a power supply, wiring to the gearbox sensor and wrote a code for it to log the data of the inputs onto an SD card for viewing after the sessions on track.

37581731564_16727d4a77_b.jpg

Ordered some spare oils for the car and also some gearbox oil for the van. VW T5 which I use as a tow vehicle so like to keep on top of that too.

38293018911_ab1d5211fe_b.jpg

And the final piece to the puzzle before Oulton Park. An addtional Go pro to have a play around with more camera angles and better video footage on track as some of it looks the same a quite boring. Might as well make some videos people want to watch and enjoy.

26517510949_6462dbfe69_b.jpg

RS Clio 200
Update - Oulton Park 18th November 2017

The weekend started with getting the car and trailer loaded up Wednesday and Thursday evening. I had managed to get all the little bits done like the gearbox temp sensor and the alignment measured the previous weekend so all that was left was to load up...
Friday evening was early tea and into be for 9pm. Tossed and turned for half an hour and managed to persuade my brain to get to sleep early.

4:50am Saturday morning I wake up a good hour before my alarm was supposed to go off considering I only live half hour away from Oulton. Decided to have breakfast, cup of tea and set off, a friend of mine was awake so we arrived at Oulton at 6-30
Plenty of time to unload and fit the dry tyres ready for the day ahead as the sky was looking promising.
37811343214_a412a5edbd_b.jpg

The Clio in it's latest facelift with the Yellow cage and highlights, back with the fully gloss black spoiler now too.

37811343624_da2a0b8ddb_b.jpg

The day was a great turn out of friends for the end of the year at our local track, We had enough people to fill 6 garages and lots of friends had planned to come down during the day as addtional drives/passengers or just for the catch up. This is what I love about these track days is the getting together of so many people. Random photo but really shows the buzz around our garage just before dinner.

38471051526_26b49d88ce_b.jpg

Anyway onto the car...

I set the car up with the same tyres, tyre pressures and suspension settings from a known good set up that I'd been running earlier in the year at Angleysey followed by Cadwell, then set out on the first sessions of the morning. Interestingly the car was very tail happy even at half speed. Few more laps under the belt getting more heat into the rear tyres and it was settling down a little bit but was still having some brilliant oversteer moments without even provoking it.
Obviously these change in car was down to the fact I've re shimmed the rear axle close to parallel and taken a lot of the toe in off.
Came in for the car to cool down. Knocked the rear compression back a two clicks and dropped 3/4 PSI in the rear tyres. When the car was cool, quick check on the wheel bolts with the torque wrench considering they were freshly powder coated and off I went out again.

I'd managed to get the car really balanced and started to push on with the pace and start to use the gripper to the full potential. Putting on the power well before the apex of the corner pulls the front in nicely towards the inside of the corner causing the car to rotate and the rear end just break traction and rotate perfectly. This is the first time the car has left this balanced and was able to carry considerable amount more speed through the corner with the extra rotation rather than the tendency to understeer.
Combination of the new geo set up and the gripper diff feel absolutely spot on!!

38506853231_f5d5428f6a_b.jpg

24653362148_59555cb6b2_b.jpg

Had a little play around with the gearbox temperature logger in the afternoon, wanted to test the set up and the program I had written, logged the temp for a good 20 minute session and the max the gearbox temp got to with the gripper diff was 90 deg with an air temp of about 5-7 degrees. Something I'll try again next summer but for the time being i'm happy with that temp.

Also did a little bit of timing just after dinner but was struggling to get a clean lap together all day. I don't mind a little bit of traffic or someone to have a play with the needed the clean lap for timing. Best I was able to put together was just under 2.07 with a passenger in too.

Spent as much time as possible out on track in the afternoon. Lots of hero's on track with a number of red flags, I only really came into the pits for fuel and to pick up a different passenger in the afternoon. Got some good footage from the day though with a front facing and passenger/driver reaction cam to make it more interesting too.

Overall a fantastic day on track totaling 120 miles on track.

Videos from the day. Tried to chop these down to the best bits with the most action especially with passenger reactions.

Here's a little video of one of the clear laps in the morning, this was only about my 10th lap of the day so wasn't pushing it too hard as was still adjusting to the cars new setup but one of the only times I managed a full lap without a car getting in the way and also happened to have the data/GPS etc being logged at the same time.

RS Clio 200
The more I look at these, the more I want one!

Great little NA cars if you can appreciate them for that!

Was this at Oulton on Saturday?
Yes. Sorry just finished adding the update from the last few track days including the one from Oulton with some videos. Were you there on Saturday? Guessing you came across the car at some point?

Great thread. Did Cadwell few weeks back in my 200. Awesome track

Awesome track and really well suited to the Clio!

RS Clio 200
Certainly goes around a track a whole lot better with that gripper!

Looks great mate...I'll be sure to check back regularly for more pics and videos.

Cheers! Will be working on the car again in the next week or so, so will have some more updates.
I'm really really impressed with how the gripper has changed the car. Obviously combined with everything else that's been done to it! I'd say one of the best things I've changed on the car!

RS Clio 200
Sometimes it's easily over looked the little changes that you make or the little things that people don't see. I've spent a little bit of time this week putting together a spec for the car. Interesting thinking back and trying to remember every little adjustment or purchase you've made.

Clio 200 Cup Pack - Albi Blue 2010

Engine
Clio 2.0 F4R – 201.5 BHP 165 FTLB mapped at EFI Tuning
7750 RPM Limiter
ITG Panel filter
Clio 197 gearbox TL4 003
4.73 Shorter final drive (137mph @ 7750RPM)
Braided Clutch line – Solid to chassis leg – Braid from leg to box slave.
Genuine replacement Clutch and Slave.
Redline MT 90 Gearbox oil
Toyo manifold
Miltek resonated exhaust
AC Delete kit
Smaller lightweight pulley
Purple Polybush Torque mount
Purple Gearbox mount
Solid Lower Engine mount with custom PU Bushes.

Suspension/brakes
Black series Wishbone bushes
Purple ARB bushes
Gaz Gold adjustable Dampers 600F/350R Linear springs
Gaz Gold adjustable top mounts.
335mm Compbrake two piece rotors
DS1.11 Brake pads
Motel RBF600 Fluid
Hel Braided lines
Clio 200 Cup wheels 9.3KG
Federal RSR
Clio 197 Std wheels 10.4KG