ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tom's Vectra - Progress Thread

Vectra
Hi CS, Just thought I'd show off my new motor that I'm collecting tomorrow.

vauxhall-vectra-hatchback-1-8i-vvt-exclusiv-5dr-140993981-640x480_zps0d62ef04.jpg

I'll get some better pictures when I get it home, but its immaculate inside and out. Its perfect as it is but I have got a few things I wanna do.

Cheers

Tom

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Re: New Car Thread

My mate had a two year old SXI that shape, fell to bits within three years,
I hope you have better luck with yours mate.

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC

Give the dude a break, at 20 I was rocking a K reg 1.7 Diseasel Astra (gashness maximus)

E46 M3 & UR Quattro

What was your reason for choosing a Vectra at 20? Looks tidy enough but agree with the above comments, very ordinary and just generally a strange choice.

Vectra SRi

I do like the snow flakes, known to crack easily though so be careful of that! If it weren't for tyre prices I'd have some! VXR styling pack looks good too, plus if it hasn't already got them get hold of some SRi rear lights

I'd leave it standard tbh as it looks a fine example exterior wise. Obviously you won't listen to that advice but that's what I'd be doing.

Vectra

Looks nice but at 20 could have got something more exciting lol

I've always loved big cars and I do a lot of motorway driving so this fits the bill perfect, once I get the 19" snowflakes/tints etc it'll look much better.

ST TDCI

If you like it mate thats what matters - Ive always liked the vectras, one of my mates has a diesel which funny enough is black as well, lowered it 40mm nice set of rims and irmscher front grill it looks pretty good! Nice n comfy even with the lows.:cool:

Vectra

Don't see many lads at my age driving round in these, so I can see why most of you are surprised.

I should be ordering my 19s on payday.

Vectra

Doesn't bother me, @Daniel are those problems just known on the Diesels?

Tuesday, I might be ringing round to get a quote on getting my windows tinted, limo all around and the darkest/legal tint I can have on driver and passenger windows along w/sun strip.

107 Track Car & C4

As long as you enjoy it that is the main, regardless what others say. I also love big cars, can't wait to get back in one. I also made a 'strange' choice, I had a 407SW at 19.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS

I had a Jetta TDI when I was 21. Loved that car and still miss it to an extent. Quite like a barge to drive around in.

Never been a fan of these Vectras though. The interior is so drab IMO. If you like it though...

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Doesn't bother me, @Daniel are those problems just known on the Diesels?

Tuesday, I might be ringing round to get a quote on getting my windows tinted, limo all around and the darkest/legal tint I can have on driver and passenger windows along w/sun strip.

Yes mate, the petrols are largely bullet proof.

Google Vectra CDTI common faults and have a read. You'll be reading for a long time!

I had one as the family car and I loved it. Went like stink, amazing on fuel, MASSIVE boot, handled well, I just loved it. Sadly, every time it broke, it cost a fortune to fix.

Leon Cupra 300

That 1.8 is a good engine... I'm looking at it in an Astra for my lass.

IIRC cambelt change is about £150. Result.

Vectra

I should be getting my snowflakes in the coming weeks, what colour do you guys reckon? Silver or Black?

I like black but I've been told that it'll look to 'chav' I do like them in silver so I don't mind either way.