ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tom's wide clio - Last ever update, now for sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  1.2 8V MK1 PH2
Hey mate,

To be honest I doubt you'll get £2,500 for the car as it is. It's obviously in great condition and it's clear to all that you've spent a ton of time on it, but the fact remains that cars are a very personal thing, and finding someone who likes the same style as you is going to be practically impossible. If it was me, I'd take the new stickers off the wind deflectors and put some normal alloys back on it.

On that basis you'll have a good chance of getting close to the asking price, but people need to see a car with potential. At the end of the day they want to know how it will suit THEM, and they can personalize it to their own tastes. Personally, I think the wheels are horrendous, and although I really like the stickers and the overall style of the car, many wouldn't. Best of luck selling it mate, I think your nuts haha, keep it! ;-)

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
i stand by my guns if you want to sell the wheels,

even have a set of dynamique alloys, not in amazing condition though!

More poke than viagr
hmmm thinking about taking wheels off, cage and all stickers and personal touches, and just leaving it on some standard rims but with coilovers. That way its got potential, but could also very easily be put back to standard?

First however got something very special planned....for tommorow :D Thursday didnt happen, but it was put back till tommorow. Hehe, cannot wait! Gonna be going out in a blaze of glory lol :p

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
ive got money's waiting for the cage and wheels,
just give the a shout :p

cliosport might appreciate this car,
but it's appeal is limited only to those with taste,
and endurance to live with such a car,
and such people, would probs be looking at VW's rather than renaults unfort.

Fiesta ST-3
Just listen to the wise people of CS! Take off the stickers, wheels, cage, exhaust, coilovers. Sell seperately and you are looking at a killing!!!! Serious man the wheels and coilies alone must be pushing £800

You know it makes sense, dont think anybody in their right minds would buy it as it is... most people that have cars that look like yours do so because they do it all themselves and want to be proud of their work... as you are! (correctly ;) ) Think it looks awesome but needs de-euro'ing to make it sell.

More poke than viagr
If im thinking right you and reebone are the complete opposite of subtle... and if it is that.... congrats :)

Bit o' stalking = jealous, cant wait

Whatever could you mean??? :eek:

I love this car.
I did speek to you at fcs. My fav car on the cs stand tbh

Cheers mate really appreciate it :D

Been out in brum today, met up with couple of lads and had a great time. Shame about the weather, but i dont think it will affect the outcome to much :eek:

Yeah thinking about selling seperatly now, will wait for a lil while to see what happens though. Will keep you all updated and PM certain people about certain items if i do lol.

More poke than viagr
Still not gone lol :( really wanting it gone now cos ive found some epic wheels for my scooby!

18"x10J banded steels direct from poland :D scene scooby FTW!!!

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
tom give me the flowers off ure mirror ;) lol! looked epic at fcs! look forward to seein the new car ;)

More poke than viagr
hehehe, was putting the magazines out at work yesterday morning, got to the new FastCar mags and spotted a familiar car on the back :eek:

And started using the scooby now too, quick sneek peek.....

;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
You could have got a haircut for the magazine shoot.

More poke than viagr
Cheers neil, was so weird seeing it at work....get to look at it from the till when im working lol.

Heard a certain supermarket has got a big poster? Somerfields? Couldnt find it

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Front cover looks awesome, but WHY THE HOLY f**k would u put a bonnet bra on a CTR?!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers neil, was so weird seeing it at work....get to look at it from the till when im working lol.
Heard a certain supermarket has got a big poster? Somerfields? Couldnt find it

i think its co-op mate, so i would imagine somerfield should have it to as they are now joint...we may be able to sort you one...

Cool; I'll most likely have a look for it tomorrow :)
It's a Steinhardt shoot, isn't it? :cool:

yeah my shoot was, top bloke phil :)
Dont know who did cover though...

indeed the main shoot was a steinhardt shoot, but the cover was shot by Joby Sessions

Front cover looks awesome, but WHY THE HOLY f**k would u put a bonnet bra on a CTR?!

thanks for the compliments, was a hard shoot but come together very well

More poke than viagr
i think its co-op mate, so i would imagine somerfield should have it to as they are now joint...we may be able to sort you one...

thanks for the compliments, was a hard shoot but come together very well

Ah okay, my boss at work saved me a copy so ill go and have a looksy later, its a coop so fingers crossed!

I didnt make it any easier by having to push mine round did i lol? Had a really really good day, was so cool to meet jules, scary ben and yourself! Thanks again Neil :)

....and thanks for the caption, "Tom likes s**t music and has a dodgey haircut" LMAO!!

More poke than viagr
its not about being fast, its not what i went for....who said it was fast anyway? What does it matter?

I dont recall ever bragging about the speed or power or how fast it was???

Status
Not open for further replies.