ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tom's wide clio - Last ever update, now for sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  More poke than viagr
Well ive been on here now for about a year and so thought it about time to post a project thread up as my cars changed quite abit in the year ive been driving.

Id just like to say, its taken me this long to get to where i am now, as i havnt got much money to spend on my car...being a student and all lol.

This is how she looked when i first got her :)

Photo011.jpg

Photo032.jpg

It stayed like this for a while before i decided to try and make it my own car, just doing what i felt like with it (and what i could afford lol)

First step was to lower it, so got some Eibach Sportlines fitted, they did the job at the time and was pleased with it...now i need to go lower though lol.
Photo086.jpg

Photo009-1.jpg

Then again stayed like this for a while, and just did some small mods such as clear indicators, clear side repeaters and neater tax disc holder and new gearknob.
Photo098.jpg

Next mod was some 20mm spacers all round, looked great, made such a difference...only problem was the rear arches destroyed the rear tyres lol :dapprove:
Photo107.jpg

Next was to de-wiper the rear, again made such a difference :approve:

Photo119.jpg

...and got my first stickers on ;)

More poke than viagr
Re: My own style Clio...finally thread up lol

Then the major mods began...
Got a full RS interior as i didnt like my standard one lol. Again big difference, love this interior :D

And most noticably, got some new wheels as i wanted to make the car my own. And before any one starts talking about them being fake splits and whatnot, i just havnt got the money and to me these wheels a brilliant :D absolutley love them.

OlympusCamera161.jpg

OlympusCamera149.jpg

OlympusCamera148.jpg

And also started getting my stickers on :cool:

Just realised that the pics i uploaded to Photobucket are tiny so ill have to do them again, but stay tuned because it starts to take shape soon....

More poke than viagr

Cheers mate, wish i could get these last few pics up now lol :( awkward bloody computer thing...

Ben

ClioSport Club Member

Looks nice that matey, I'd like to see a bit more stretch and some more lowerage but they poke pretty nice.

MK2 PH1 1.2 5DR

Where could I get a similar spoiler, I like it.

Also, how does the removing the wiper work?

Can't say I'm an admirer of those type of wheels but the car is tidy, especially on a budget :)

53 Renault clio 1.2 16V

I believe its a dynamic spoiler mate, scrap yard someone off here whos braking a clio i think jesus might have one pm him.

13742_168101990684_572840684_3245833_3674792_n.jpg

More poke than viagr

Yep well i have plans bensambrook, im not done yet :rasp:

Sir Fox, spoiler is standard i think, just a dynamique one.

Pics uploaded at last...

Heres the interior...yeah i get a few looks from people on the pavement, especially in traffic lol :rasp:
PB150695-1.jpg

I also got a private plate for my 18th which was nice :)

Also set about spraying the front diamond chequered to match my interior mirror...turned out better than i thought luckily lol.
PB160728-1.jpg

Then picked up a rear strut brace for about £15 which was a bit of a bargain :D i then wrapped it in stickers because i didnt know what else to do with it tbh.
Also got some other random things and put them in the boot aswell...why not eh?
And had a bit of a brain wave at MPH at the weekend. I bought a big chequered flag and simply stapled it to the parcel shelf to make it chequered aswell, not too everyones taste, but not bad for £5 and 10 mins work!
PB160726-1.jpg

Also got some more stickers :D
PB150686-1.jpg

Then after seeing how well my strut brace turned out, i decided to sticker my engine cover.
PB150690-1.jpg

Then sprayed my fuse box cover chequered aswell...was really tricky to mask this up because of all the curves and contours. So decided to only do the top chequerd...the bit you cant see when fitted lol :dapprove:
PB150691-1.jpg

PB150692-1.jpg

Now ive kinda run out of money due to starting uni and everything so having to make do with cheap or free mods lol. Another idea i had was to sticker the sunroof...again not to everyones tastes.

PB150685-1.jpg

PB150683-1.jpg

And again as i had quite a few stickers left over, i thought i couldnt just let them go to waste...

PB150688-1.jpg

And also nicked an old AA badge off my mums old car! lol
PB150689-1.jpg

PB150684-1.jpg

Also started to colour code the black bits with my old man. Done the spoiler and side strips atm and they look great tbh. Next up is the front bumper, going to smooth the number plate recess out and colour code that, and then same to the rear bumper. Got all the stuff, just waiting for a sunny weekend lol.

Yep so thats where i am atm, just bought some coilovers from another member for my xmas present so will be loooow in the new year :D

Also toying with the idea of spraying the centers of my wheels either gold or white? Would like to hear people opinions on this.

Thanks for reading, and sorry if ive bored you lol :)

M135i

Youve made me want to go down the eurooo route now mateyy lol, i like it !!! v personal so thumbs up to ya. Once slammed will look the nuts !!

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF

Great euro style! To be honest I think you have put a tad too many stickers on the rear window, it just looks too cluttered! If it was me I would keep just the wheel wh0res and cliosport stickers for the rear window :) Oh and the front renault badge with the checkered design looks a bit odd in my opinion, ruins the front to be honest! same with the one on the lower vents, it just looks out of place as if you have got bored and just stuck it anywhere

Maybe drop it 60mm if you dont want to spend big money on coilovers and it will be a lot better with those rims :approve:

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182

good job im changing some bits on my car, tbh its not euro but it looks ok

53 Renault clio 1.2 16V

Really like that mate that sticker look on the engine bay etc looks immense to be honest, really comming along diamonds a nice touch aswell. Fair play to you. :)

1.2 Dynamique billabong

good stuff, like the wheels and the rocker cover looks cool but not sure about the stickers on the underside of the bonnet

More poke than viagr

Thanks for the comments, yeah its a bit of a marmite car i think and its what i want so im happy :)

Just bought some coilovers, getting them on at christmas :D (took me half a year to save up for them lol!)

ooo, had an idea for a side exit exhaust, coming out just before the rear wheel...as mines blowing madly atm i thought that if im going to get it done, then this is the time now. So maybe if ive got enough money :D

Yeah i dont really think my car euro or rat or anything really, its just what i want it to be. :)

williams 2,seat leon

i thought i was the only one to have rossi stickers on a clio. lower it and job done.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Good effort on a budget. Will look a lot more convincing with the drop. It needs it.

E36 328

ummmmmm am i the only person who has noticed that the stickers are on the engine??

The engine that gets hot? Looks good, but i doubt any of the stickers under the bonnet will last long

non sport

really good. very personal touch with the stickers and to be honest I like it. wouldnt do it to mine but i do like it and makes it personal to you. nice one mate

decent for no budget n kudos for trying to do it, try n keep it original much like bifcaids has done and others

REALLY needs that drop at xmas :)

Ibiza FR

Dont think ive seen this for a while, has changed alot! where did you get so many stickers from?!?! looking very nice though, will be mint once on coilovers ;)

3 Series touring

looks great mate! where did you get all the stickers??

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d

Love this look mate! What a sexy machine.

'99 Vectra 1.8

wheels aint too bad especially for a low budget, nice one

whats with the stickers tho...!? can tell you're a student ;)

More poke than viagr

ummmmmm am i the only person who has noticed that the stickers are on the engine??

The engine that gets hot? Looks good, but i doubt any of the stickers under the bonnet will last long

Well they've been on for about 2 months now lol :rasp: I thought they'd burn off or whatever at first aswell, but they've been fine, no issues at all :)

Thanks for all the comments, coilovers arrived today!!! :D ...not allowed them till xmas though as its my pressie lol :(
I got most stickers from Fastcar mags and autosport shows lol, so most of them were free :cool: But i did get 6 sheets from ebay, still only a fiver though inc P+P (from singapore lmao :approve:)
Doing the rear diamond chequered at the weekend if its not raining.

Mitch, ive got to drop people off at your college pretty much everyday but never see you, parked next to a 172 today though lol :approve:

More poke than viagr

ooooo almost forgot, i picked up an old Renault badge off ebay a few weeks ago so will try and get that on at the weekend too :)

!Bc7j51!!2k~$(KGrHqQH-EIEquwH0Ve!BK2u4u)NGw~~_35.jpg

Anyone know what car this is from?

Never above 25mpg

You bugger! I wanted an old AA badge :(

Looks ok, not a fan of the parcel shelf. Would look better done properly though imo.

Would SERIOUSLY get your bonnet catch replaced by Renault though.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182

id given up looking for old badges lol, loose half the stickers and that AA badge and its a good start

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172

think the idea of covering the sunroof is great!!

big drop and youll be laughing!

More poke than viagr

Yer ive been looking on ebay on and off for ages but finally found one, and it was cheap :) just got to decide how to fit it now.

Yer i expect the stickers to start fading and peeling in about a week or so, so when they do ill take them off. Then decide what to do from there, thinking about a chequered sunroof...

Thanks for the comments aswell people :)

mx5

If your gna paint the wheels deffo colour code them, would look mint!
If it was me id lose the stickers on the rear window and sunroof but the others look cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.