ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tom's wide clio - Last ever update, now for sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  mx5
Re: My own style Clio...finally thread up lol

Colour coded centres would look epic imo

ccdwheels.jpg

just my work van atm

loose the AA badge n get it slammed should look really good then

Colour cod wheel centres and gloss black everything that's black

Barge

TBH, Tom never said it was euro... He said "My own style Clio". Some euro elements have simply inspired it. I love the engine cover. It rocks! And I like the whole sticker ***** thing too.

f**k it, it's your car, do what you like to it. They can be easily reversed. :)

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182

do the centres blue, i wanted mine red but i bottled it lol

1.4 phase 1

i like it, its different. love the stickers on the engine cover.

Clio

Not a bad effort on a budget. I'd go for some colour coding now though.

More poke than viagr

Thanks for the comments, ive already started colour coding the black bits, the side strips and spoiler are done and look mint if i may say so lol. Who ever said you cant get a decent finish from rattle cans? Ill try and get some pics later.

Smoothing the front and rear bumpers next, just got to wait for decent weather and time to do it :) everythings ready and waiting lol.

Yeah tbh my car isnt euro, and i havnt said it is. I dont know what it is tbh lol, its a mix of euro, rat and retro i think.

Hehe, i know you will all probably hate it, but ive started white walling my tyres, i think it looks good tbh and ill get some pics up for you all to have a laugh at.

Ive also had an idea for some winter wheels, this pic is my inspiration lol ;)
54479d1237906064-fs-wtt-retro-new-beetle-p3130001.jpg

More poke than viagr

Inferno, its an A35. What an epic little car! I wanted to mod that, 1275 A series in it, MG running gear, would be awesome but my mum wont let me touch it lol :(

Rattle cans can get an alright finish, its just not so great on larger areas.

This reminds me I need to clean my car so I can see if I got a good colour match or not lol.

More poke than viagr

Got the whitewalls done now, struggling to get pics from new phone onto computer though :dapprove: I really like them tbh, although a few people have said otherwise :rasp: ...its different at least, havnt seen another clio on whitewalls lol.

O and also just bought some VW beetle steelies from Ebay for £25!!! Maybe thinking of getting them banded.....:evil:

More poke than viagr

Cheers paul :)

Nope, thats the only problem...so id need to buy adaptors which would be about £100ish and then £200 to band them all, so i dont think ill do it tbh :dapprove: ill just spray them up and sell them on again i think.

Im doing a set of steelies atm anyway, just like the wheels on the beetle above but with black lips and whitewalls :cool: going to get the red on tommorow if the weather stays dry

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora

love it! not totally sure why but it looks ace!

More poke than viagr

Hehe just finished the wheels and i have to say they look awesome! They turned out exactly how i wanted them too. Its too dark to get pics now so ill post them up in the morning if i have time

More poke than viagr

Pics finally!
PC120783.jpg

and painted steels....

PC130784.jpg

PC130785.jpg
PC130787.jpg

172 Phase 1 & 172 Ph

Hey Tom, met you today at the meet (spoke to you about your lenso's) just been having a thought about what you said about your beetle steelies - you do realise the stud pattern on those are 4x130 as opposed to 4x100 on your clio?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Not really to my taste but good effort for being original. Nice to see someone doing their own thing :)

Also, where did you get all the stickers?

More poke than viagr

Hi again Gavin, yer i realised that once i bought them lol, so i think im just going to refurb them and sell them on again. Tbh i dont think im going to lose any money seeing as i bought them for £23.

Jenic, thanks, yeah i kinda thought that theres no point making it look 'sporty' or fast because, lets be honest, its a 1.2 lol. So i just tried to mix all my ideas and thoughts together lol.

I got most stickers from car/bike shows, free off stands lol. O, and Fastcar magazines ;) but then i had to buy some sheets off ebay to do sunroof and under the bonnet, but theyre only dead cheap. But my favourite one is the Mooneyes sticker on the rear window, i got that from Don Garlits drag museum in America :)

Didnt get chance to meet you today Tom, but have to say loved your car. Wanted to get a look under the bonnet at your engine cover but by the time I realised who you were you were leaving lol.

More poke than viagr

Hi again lol, thank you, ive just seen the pics from the meeting on another thread and they're amazing. Would you mind if i posted them in here?

Ah no worries, my mate was getting bored so thought we'd better shoot off. I would have stayed longer on my own though :dapprove: nvm hey, was a good meet, i was the quite one with curley hair lol :eek: We'll have to catch up at the next meet.

Yours is the white 197 with the black decals and the spoiler isnt it? I bet thats a bugger to keep clean lol

hehe, hopefully next time you see it, it will be on coilovers aswell!! :D

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things

the tyres and stance remind me of a deloreon for some strange reason :S

GFK

182 cup

What have you done?!!! Looked better when you got it. Each to their own though I suppose.

JB

RB 182 Cup

I like it! Did you use tyre pens to white wall your wheels? Suits it, makes them look very low profile at first!

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172

love the center caps! want some for mine,

would look great with a big drop!

though i think your begining to push it with the stickers mate.

More poke than viagr

lmao a delorean? I dont know how but thats pretty Cool :cool:

Yep used that tyre pen stuff from halfrauds, £6 a pen which was good seeing as one pen did all 4 tyres and my spare....but then again it took about an hour to do each tyre...and thats only 1 coat!!! :eek:

Center caps are from a Mini spares shop, not a perfect fit but you cant really tell unless you look for it.

Yeah im not really feeling the stickers on the windscreen for some reason...probs whip them off when i have time.

Coilovers in 2 weeks!!! AHHHHH cant wait!

Hi again lol, thank you, ive just seen the pics from the meeting on another thread and they're amazing. Would you mind if i posted them in here?

Ah no worries, my mate was getting bored so thought we'd better shoot off. I would have stayed longer on my own though :dapprove: nvm hey, was a good meet, i was the quite one with curley hair lol :eek: We'll have to catch up at the next meet.

Yours is the white 197 with the black decals and the spoiler isnt it? I bet thats a bugger to keep clean lol

hehe, hopefully next time you see it, it will be on coilovers aswell!! :D

Post away fella, infact I'll do it for you ;)

I'll be coming on Sunday to, so come say hello. yeah mines the white 197, is a nightmare to keep clean, but looks MINT when it is.

Pics of Toms car from Sunday.

4.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

More poke than viagr

Cheers mate, those pics are actually amazing. Are you a proper photographer?

Ah yeah of course, yeah ill pop over and say hi this time, well if i recognise you of course lol, i know your car. ooo, ill wash under the engine bay this time, so if you want a butchers just ask :)

Yeah i had that problem with my old wheels, looked mint when clean but they were only clean for maybe 1 or 2 days once id cleaned them lol :dapprove:

More poke than viagr

Post it on BarryBoys

Ill fcking post you on barry boys. :mad: If you dont like it then fair do's...but dont take the p**s...especially in my own thread, i think you need to learn some respect and manners....

Status
Not open for further replies.