ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tomtom Go500 external aerial

Focus RS
When i use my sat nav in the van its fine but when in the clio its a no go, keeps losing signal so gotta get an external aerial but don't know where to get one from, any ideas. I have tried tomtom website and they out of stock, in fact i have tried a few places today and all out.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
works for me by simply putting the tom tom in the centre of the windscreen (at the bottom) were that square is. the clio has heat reflective glass and also reflects satalite signals, should work fine if u put it where the cut out is

Megane Mk4
russ9898 said:
works for me by simply putting the tom tom in the centre of the windscreen (at the bottom) were that square is. the clio has heat reflective glass and also reflects satalite signals, should work fine if u put it where the cut out is

Same here, I have the 182 btw...
Have no problems with it in the middle centre of the window, no heat reflection in that part :D

Dsc00102_1.jpg

Golf R32
I bought one of those TomTom Aerials today from Currys and cost me just under £10. One thing I did notice is that it comes with a ton of wire so I need to sort out some way of tidying it up.

Before I bought this I'd never tried mounting it directly in the centre of the screen, I normally mount it just left of the dials but I never got reception. Ended up leaving on the passenger seat and just let it yell the instructions at me.

Focus RS
Just ordered one, i had been putting tomtom in centre of screen by that square but it still kept losing signal, hopefully this aerial should sort it (45 quid for an aerial wow) but thanks for the help guys.

182, 1.9 GTI
Also have a tomtom 500 and 182 and never got a good signal. Got an external aerial and now get a full signal all the time. Very easy to fit and run the wire through the car, i put the tomtom aerial behind the main car aerial, looks very neat.