ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tonights effort...

Titanium 182
Changed the lights in my CD player. Going to do the rest before the end of this week hopefully !

Going for white dials/buttons with blue screens :)
Quite a pain to do because if you hold the iron on for too long it f***s the SMD and if you don't hold it for long enough you don't make a good connection so they don't light up!

Can anyone tell me how the hell I get the climate control panel out ?!?? I haven't got a clue :dapprove:

4479553229_33e48715ca.png

Titanium 182
Nice work dude, I'd love to do mine, having owned a clio for ni on 5 years, the orange is getting abit old, lol!

The ph1 sold?

Tell me about it !

clio
clio
clio
clio

That's my car ownership ! they all have orange lol !

yep the fella came and drove it away this afternoon :D buhbye ph1 !

Edit: wait, 5 years ? how old are you ?! lol

Titanium 182
Yeah Jaffas looks sweet ! he isn't online though and I want to go take the panel out and make a start now :rasp:

Cheers Brookie, I'll show you how to do yours if you want ;)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Tell me about it !

clio
clio
clio
clio

That's my car ownership ! they all have orange lol !

yep the fella came and drove it away this afternoon :D buhbye ph1 !

Edit: wait, 5 years ? how old are you ?! lol

I'm 22 you git, I've always had the shoddy 1.2 due to only becoming a non student bum 6 months or whatever ago. :eek:

How old did you think I was?

I'm pretty handy with most things, would this be easy enough for me to do in you opinion???

Oh and two more questions: (well kinda four)

If I did this, would the dial brightness control still work?

Who took the ph1? Club member? Get what you wanted for it?

Titanium 182
22 haha old b*****d! I'm 20 :D I thought you were about 19 lmao!

Yeah you'd be fine with those sexy hands of yours. I got my dad to do most of it cos I'm s**t but be reet.

RenaultSport clio 182 mk2
To get the climate control out you have to take the stereo out then you will see 2 torx headed screws. Once you have taken them out you need to remove the plastic cover under the climate control. Do this by just pulling it towards you. Once off push the bottom half of the climate panel towards the front of the car and it "should" just come loose so you can un clip the leads at the back.

Hope you can understand that lol.

Jaff

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I was hoping to do white with yellow needles. What was the best guide you followed aluco?

Oh and good job BTW

Titanium 182
Erm I just looked at all of them mate, they all say the same thing. Decided to try the CD player first as it's the easiest thing to get at :) just make sure you have the radio code :rasp:

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Erm I just looked at all of them mate, they all say the same thing. Decided to try the CD player first as it's the easiest thing to get at :) just make sure you have the radio code :rasp:

Cheers! Luckily I have a sony HU so white already. kind of of topic but anyone seen the new megane dash, the rev counter in particular? Fantastic!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
22 haha old b*****d! I'm 20 :D I thought you were about 19 lmao!

Yeah you'd be fine with those sexy hands of yours. I got my dad to do most of it cos I'm s**t but be reet.

You spoilt b*****d. ;)

I'm not sure when you've been looking at my hands, but thank you? lol!!

Did you sell the ph1 modded in the end?

Titanium 182
Just a post to say the brightness control knob doesn't seem to work now I've changed the smds in my radio. Still works for everything else that's orange though. Does anyone know if you can retain use of the control? If not nevermind.

Titanium 182
Ah right that would explain it fuubs.

Yep I got it out da. I've done that too tonight, it's back in now :)

Ordered some more lights as I broke loads practicing and I need a new LCD for my clock as mine doesn't display properly!

So I'm going to wait till iv'e got those things before I do the clock & speedo so I only have to take the dash off once :p

"Navy" N17 TWO
Good stuff mate - changing the LEDs makes the dash so much nicer in the Clio

Jaffa does a dam good job too :D

Titanium 182
You can't see the white lights so well as I took them during the day but...

4485148608_e74f0e2c5d_b.png

4484495937_cabfc39092_b.png

Ordered some more lights cos I've run out :rasp: will do the speedo and rev counter and centre console clock next week :)

Civic Type S GT
Jaffa182 (Ben) did mine and there AWESOME!!! So much better than the orange! (I had blue.)

Titanium 182
I got them from a company called phenoptix I think, there's a link in the guide I followed to buy them :)

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Haha i apologise the last guide i looked in was covered in red X's instead of pics so i wanted a guide with pics so thank you.

R26
this looks so good, sounds silly but it looks like my mums laguna, which is alot better than orange, how hard is this too do, is their a big chance or f**king it up?

Titanium 182
It's not really hard, well you've got to keep a steady hand. It just takes f**king ages and is a right f**k around to take it all apart etc.

I had problems putting the needles back onto my speedo but it's sorted now.