ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Too 200 Or not?

LY 200
And yellow..

3641759564_992c98b676.jpg

Must stop looking at these! :(

Hmmmmmm.....That looks superb!!!

That would be a nightmare to leave places though.

Lee

BMW M2C
And yellow..

3641759564_992c98b676.jpg

Must stop looking at these! :(

Of course, that one is extra special seeing as I've driven it.

I almost ordered a white one when they came out, but I think I fancy something a little brighter next time, and I've always liked RB. Jer has just taken delivery of a yellow one!! He'll never learn. lol

LY 200
^Have you seen an RB in the flesh Lee?

I was nearly sold one back in August and i must say along with AG it definetly works best with the black or at least from the colours i have seen in the flesh anyway.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
if i did buy a 200 it would be AG all the way. jsut for the LOLZ

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
wouldnt touch a 200 as its an ugly chappie and this will tell come resale time.

It may be better to drive, handle amazing, go like fcuk and shite all over the 197,182,172,williams, v6 or whatever, but based on looks its horendous, ghastly and rank.

So, once the new RS is out late next year it will be shat on from a great height and used values will plummet like hell owing to its looks and ultimately no one will want one in a 2nd hand market so values will be shite, so much so that the R27 will probably end up worth more compared to pischy spec'd 200s.

Ever heard of the bug eyed scoob - the 200 is renaults version of that monster. It will fail tremendously cause it is let down for a crap front end.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
AG with black rims is the heroes choice IMO.

i don't know if i'd go with recaros tbh... too worried about them faling apart.

R20 makes a valid point imo... I do think the overall look is not great and as such may well hit it hard.

but it could turn it into a performance bargain!

wouldnt touch a 200 as its an ugly chappie and this will tell come resale time.

It may be better to drive, handle amazing, go like fcuk and s**te all over the 197,182,172,williams, v6 or whatever, but based on looks its horendous, ghastly and rank.

So, once the new RS is out late next year it will be shat on from a great height and used values will plummet like hell owing to its looks and ultimately no one will want one in a 2nd hand market so values will be s**te, so much so that the R27 will probably end up worth more compared to pischy spec'd 200s.

Ever heard of the bug eyed scoob - the 200 is renaults version of that monster. It will fail tremendously cause it is let down for a crap front end.

You're not keen then? LOL I agree though. It's a styling disaster, but fans will not agree. I'd still have one, but I'd always park it up against a wall.

Lee

BMW M2C
^Have you seen an RB in the flesh Lee?

I was nearly sold one back in August and i must say along with AG it definetly works best with the black or at least from the colours i have seen in the flesh anyway.

Not on a 200, only a 197. The closest I've seen was one of the race cars. I thought the black nose against the blue was one of the best combinations, along with black Speedlines.

3693969891_d2e64ca304_b.jpg

LOL @ Seb and the Recaros. 30k and mine are still as new. :approve:

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
this is why i don't think i'll ever buy one.

the 182 was my first proper quick car. it just looked fantastic and went like stink. Made me hard.

the 197 was the same, imo looked even better than the 182 and the position was superb. Plus imo i thought it handled better and went better.... (but lets leave that as my opinion) I just got so excited when I was gonig to get it. It was at the time orders took several months. My local Renault said they had one at Diss unregistered and i could be sat in it within a week. deal done. One of my favourite cars :D

Wheras the 200... man I jsut can't turned on by it... I'm sure if i drove it i'd like it... but that front end jsut turns me off so much. I just couldn't do it. Again this is just my taste, i am sure there are many that love it.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
You're not keen then? LOL I agree though. It's a styling disaster, but fans will not agree. I'd still have one, but I'd always park it up against a wall.

im very disappointed with it, if it wasnt for that frumpy shocking front end I would probably have strongly considered one, but just cant see the appeal of it, despite how 'good' it is to drive.

Im sure some will jizz off about them in certain colours, alloy combos and the like, to me its just a huge let down, emphasised by the fact that their is a lack of xenons, which can be spec'd on lesser models :eek:

An improvement to drive and better mpg im sure than a 197, but sorry not a fan of its hideous front end and general rancidness.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
Wheras the 200... man I jsut can't turned on by it... I'm sure if i drove it i'd like it... but that front end jsut turns me off so much. I just couldn't do it. Again this is just my taste, i am sure there are many that love it.

100% agree with that, having it sitting on the driveway with that stinking bonce, humm not for me.

LY 200
Not on a 200, only a 197. The closest I've seen was one of the race cars. I thought the black nose against the blue was one of the best combinations, along with black Speedlines.

3693969891_d2e64ca304_b.jpg

LOL @ Seb and the Recaros. 30k and mine are still as new. :approve:

Not bad for an "ugly chappie".

You'll be able to pick one up fo 2 grand next year. :eek:

Clio 1970000000
im very disappointed with it, if it wasnt for that frumpy shocking front end I would probably have strongly considered one, but just cant see the appeal of it, despite how 'good' it is to drive.

Im sure some will jizz off about them in certain colours, alloy combos and the like, to me its just a huge let down, emphasised by the fact that their is a lack of xenons, which can be spec'd on lesser models :eek:

An improvement to drive and better mpg im sure than a 197, but sorry not a fan of its hideous front end and general rancidness.

Love that word. Sums up the 200 front perfectly.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Love the 200, personally i think it makes the 197 look really dated.

Just add, the are a great drive, much better than the 182s :( shame i can not afford one.

3690114764_9fffdd9c7f_b.jpg

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Disagree 100%, the 197 still looks much better IMO. Everyone's different though, or we'd all have the same car!

I dont disagree, i think the 197 is a good looking car. But the Design of the front end is dated. in comparison with the 200. The 200 is more up to date with the rest of the renault range, the clio did need a face lift after the released the new megane.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
ok here we go....

Autocar review and comments said:
http://www.autocar.co.uk/forums/t/6137.aspx
Orangewheels writes -
Never Mind Swine Flu, one of the biggest priblems in the motoring world seems to be "Renault Ugly Front End Disease" and it looks like this latest Renault's caught it too, poor thing. Must be catching.

Ultramagnus writes -
The previous Clio's front looked muh more appealing. Also, I am not too keen on what appears to be bigger exhausts. Again I thought the previous one looked much more discreet and nicer for it.

Broom Broom writes -
It's blooming ugly, that's what it is.
Where the original Clio 197 was a nicely-judged design that looked refined, understated and purposefully sporty, the Clio 200 betrays a lack of aesthetic vision at Renault at the moment, where they are implementing ill-judged designs simply in order to signal small technical changes and submit to the perceived market requirement to appear to have product progression.
There's simply a fundamental ugliness about the black nose-blob. You only need to mentally fill in the space with the body colour to realise what a mistake they've made. The wheels are the final testament to Renault's ***-up, looking like something a 17-year-old buys cheap from an Essex autonan centre.

Andrew Lee writes -
Renault HAVE to get their styling sorted... And is this the return of eau de nil paint? Hope not - it's horrid!
Top gear Blog said:
http://cupholder.blogs.topgear.com/2009/08/20/renaultsport-clio-200-cup/

Ryan 18 writes -
I think the front end is just awful completely ruins the car for me i like the clio before. Why are all the french cars going for this massive mouth look? like frenchy like car!

me writes -
Too bad it’s ugly

james writes -
fantastic little fun car! love it love it love it! may not have the best front end but its ability and terrier dog attitude….. brilliant well done renault you got your mojo back!

chicken feed writes (which is a great point)
It is a sizzling hot hatch. Shame about the nose. They changed it so it would be more in line with the rest of the Renault range. BIG BIG BIG BIG MISTAKE!!! If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. The old design was complete, and I dare say beautiful, where as this just looks like an afterthought. Which it is. It’s Renault thinking ‘We’ve finally built a Clio that looks decent. Now what can we do to screw it up?’

rraptor writes -
It’s ugly and girlish. The interior is discusting. This is 4 peasants 2…

Pashtra Owners Club said:
http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/showthread.php?t=205311

Buckle writes -
That looks pretty butt ugly TBH, old one is nicer than that.

Greg writes -
Another renault that reminds me literally of who they are

FROGS

Legoman writes -
What in f*#ks name happened to the front of that
icon_eek.gif

I really like the old 197, guess I should have known this was coming after Geneva

fingz999 writes -
icon_eek.gif
that has to be the most ugly clio they have ever made, 197 was pritty nice seats looked really nice but that makes me feel sick to look at think il skip that stand at the world series next weekend.

AK LET writes -
its horrible, the 197 looked nice. Why ruin it with that abortion of a front end

tim1547 writes -
FUGLY!
eek.gif

Legoman writes (again) - (which is an interesting point I made earlier)
Even i race trim I'm not keen on that front end.

Hopefully this will harm sales as did Subaru's bug eye disaster on the Impreza

Seatcupra.net said:
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=250283

mardon writes -
If it wasn’t for the fact the new shape clio 200 (I liked the 197) is so ugly and I did less mileage it is a car I would consider.

The above is just an overview of what comes up when you type in clio 200 ugly into google. No blinkers, just general perception. Its an ugly b*****d.

LY 200
R20 - They must all be wrong! ;)

And lol @ likening the 200's rear to a Storm Trooper! Thats a new one!

Its funny how a number of biased owners of one car make you dislike a car so quickly! :dead:

I have never got all the my cars the bee's bollox and nothing else comes close to it tripe on here whether it be via the willy owners, 'ph-quick' owners, cup owners or Trophy fan boys!

I wonder if the same gos on, on Ferrari, Aston and Porka forums!? lol

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
obviously...

however when i bought my ssangyong rodius a few people called her ugly, but i loved her, treasured her and dreamt about the amazingness of her 4 speed auto and lazy 2.9diesel tractor.

Anyone who challenged her looks was merely a r****d and I put blinkers on.

2008-SSangyong-Rodius.jpg

Crappy work hire car
obviously...

however when i bought my ssangyong rodius a few people called her ugly, but i loved her, treasured her and dreamt about the amazingness of her 4 speed auto and lazy 2.9diesel tractor.

Anyone who challenged her looks was merely a r****d and I put blinkers on.

2008-SSangyong-Rodius.jpg

That is an abomination and God should smite it right now!

Clio 1970000000
But if you take the stuck on estate bit off and screw your eyes up real tight.........It looks like an X6:S

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
PMSL and we're off! Anyone who doesn't agree is wearing blinkers. Classic.

I didn't say anything about agreeing, the different opinions are what makes a discussion, blinkers are for those that cannot ever value anything other than the car they own ;)

I didn't say anything about agreeing, the different opinions are what makes a discussion, blinkers are for those that cannot ever value anything other than the car they own ;)

That's silly. Everyone knows the 200 is a great car. I don't think anyone has said otherwise. We all know the merits of the car. I've personally made it very clear that I would own one, but I'm not 'blinkered' enough to pretend that the front end doesn't look like it was styled by Simple Jack.

Dude i just dont think its ugly, i can see the bad points of it as listed but i think it looks great.

LY 200
I didn't say anything about agreeing, the different opinions are what makes a discussion, blinkers are for those that cannot ever value anything other than the car they own;)

Says 'Mr 200'!

Your as bad as Jasey and Louis! lol ;)