ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

took my valver to hillpower today...

Audi TT 225 Quattro
at long last i got round to taking my valver to hillpower to b transformed in to a hybrid, did'nt take to long to do the trip, 132miles from my house then back again. took me about 6 hours in all. also my m8 in his vr6 who came with me to take me home had to put £70 in juice to do the trip:eek: , i gave me £40 tho so i was'nt to bad. im now without a car for 2weeks:dapprove: as the conversion gets done, im having a 2.0l fitted with new piper cams and pulleys, hillpower stage 2 chip, viper ik with diff t/b adaptor than k-tecs, bb-decat, scorpion exh system and i will be using valver manifold. im also getting new uprated fuelpump, new mounts ( uprated dogbone ), new wil clutch , new exh manifold heatshild, new magnecor lead, plugs,cap,ra also getting injectors cleaned, and a few other bits and bobs done while its there.to say i can't wait to get it back is a bit of an understatment. 14 days to go....

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
Nice!! Bet that cost a few dollars though...you having the 2.0 rebuilt? Mine has a hillpower rebuilt 2.0 on stnd cams and its RAPID ....14.1 SQM.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
nah, i thought about having it rebuilt but nick said in all honisty it was'nt really worth it as it was a strong std eng before it came out of the car, rr at 134bhp at the wheels 85000 miles, fine on all test, i thought i might aswell do the cams while its out of the car. cost well i doubt ill have any change from £2.5k but alot of people on here spend more than that on ins. im not to bothered about the cost as i brought the eng in july and saved the rest since then just thinking of the thing i need/want to change, was going to do the head aswell but thought ive done enough for now, insted ill put the £450 toward buying my plasma for christmas;)

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
its in safe hands with nick anyway he knows them engines like the back of his hand,i might see it up there as nicks ordered me some tarox discs and pads

Audi TT 225 Quattro
i can't wait, ive never driven any 2.0l clio or been a passanger in 1 before, ive only ever raced 1 williams which left me after 60 and he had 2 passangers, and trust me i did try. so im looking forward to this.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
couple of other options r 1.4gtt eng, volvo 1.7t eng, 1.816v-t, nick will also b doing 172 conversions next year.

Clio 190bhp Hybrid
A lot of people have not had headwork done and wished tehy had after. APparently to get the best from the cams you need to so may be worth thinking ifteh 450 quid saved now is better in the long run seeing as to do later would cost loads in labour.

Doing atthe same time as engine conversion and cam fitting but be the ideal time.

Worth getting waterpump changed whilst engine is out but guess that is being done anyway.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
i had a good think about doing the head but iv spent quite abit at the moment on doing the current conversion and did'nt want to spend anymore on it at the moment. other reason was petrol cost as i use my car everyday and can't be spending loads on petrol like the vr6, i see how it goes like this then maybe next summer get the head done. im also having the waterpump done and new clutch cable, avo coilovers going back to avo to get repaired due to leaking. ive also asked him to have a look around and sort anything that does'nt look right.

What profile cams are you having put in? I'm in the middle of rebuilding a megane lump to go into mine and don't know whether to put cams in while it's all out.

Martin. what have you done to yours to make 170bhp without cams. just woundering cos thats the kind of power i was looking for but didn't think it was possible without cams

Cheers

Suzuki SV1000S
What sort of price would people expect to pay on throttle bodying a valver engine (1.8 16v) - I love the sound of them!!

Clio Mk1 Hybrid
Im in the process of throttle bodying a valver engine using bike tb's and an emerald ecu most expensive part im yet to buy is the ecu and loom which is £600+ going for headwork and cams also :D

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
moggs said:
What profile cams are you having put in? I'm in the middle of rebuilding a megane lump to go into mine and don't know whether to put cams in while it's all out.

Martin. what have you done to yours to make 170bhp without cams. just woundering cos thats the kind of power i was looking for but didn't think it was possible without cams

Cheers

Fully rebuilt williams engine with lightened/balanced flywheel, supersprint manifold, Full exhaust with de-cat, HP I/K & H/P Chip. It's one of the best on stnd cams around only Winstons is as fast that I know of...

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
Martin. said:
Fully rebuilt williams engine with lightened/balanced flywheel, supersprint manifold, Full exhaust with de-cat, HP I/K & H/P Chip. It's one of the best on stnd cams around only Winstons is as fast that I know of...

cams & headwork would probably see you in the 13's then martin