ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Took the head off to find this...

Clio
Just been talking to a friend of mine who knows him, told
me it's not the first time he's sold things dodgy. Sold an iphone 4 on eBay and only sent the box out.
Absolutly raging sat here, thing is I know exactly where he lives, it's ome thing selling dodgy over eBay but selling from your house and being a c**t. Well that's not smart really.

Then why not go and speak to him in person? more likely to get a resolution that way IMO. Anyway, the way i see it, seller no.1 is totally irrelavent anyway, you bought it off this Kris bloke, chase him for a refund, its up to him to sort it out with the guy he bought it off.

Edited For Accuracy.

IMO you need to be speaking to Kris Dark, and getting your money back off him, and he can seek a refund off the chap he bought it off.

That said, I'll be surprised if you get much out of this, frustrating as that might be.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I'd be going round to his house if it was me.

Robbing b*****d!

Evo 8 & Yamaha R6
Right let's get a few things straight and corrected ey, A I put an iPhone box on eBay and the bids went mad at last minute last year, lad paid then I refunded him the money FACT,

Right that's out the way NOW Secondly you posted on Facebook wanting an engine to rebuild.
I said I have one as far as I know needs a dephaser but not entirely sure of history or anything about engine it self, I bought engine for £200 which it then sat in my garage gathering dust,
You came to my house so yes you know exactly where I live as I would have had no reason for you not to know, you came checked engine over I said go ahead look it over but again I don't know history of it and Iv not even had chance to look at it yet!,

Next thing a few days later here's this thread started, baring in mind every time you've messaged Iv replied immediately, tried to get guys address and details where I originally bought from but no such luck, in the mean time between me working/redoing my house and rebuilding the 182 getting the range rover sport fixed not even going into family matters Iv been on the hunt originally for bottom end and bits until you messaged me just saying can I get you a head and that's ok,

After messaging many people for parts to give you including mark fox who is currently removing his to sell me to give you too! I think this has escalated way out of hand and really think you aught to get your facts right before coming on here and starting a thread like this! I'll await a reply....

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
So......have you spoken to the original seller at all? Disappeared off the face of the earth I guess? Received any of your money back? Kris Dark
Paying for this head out of your own pocket or the money you possibly got refunded from original seller.......?

dis-gon-be-good.gif

Evo 8 & Yamaha R6
Zero response from original seller, no reply to texts and letting phone go to answer phone, how could I have possibly got anything back from him? A I can't even get a reply and B I'm pretty sure he would want or at lest see the damaged engine, so that answers that question... So the answer would be I will be paying for replacement head out of my own money, I already lost £50 on the engine as I said to James I'd have preferred to scrap the damn thing for all the grief it's causing! Rushing around trying to get bits together!

Evo 8 & Yamaha R6
And just for the record, I clearly stated
I was unaware of condition of engine whether that be running / non running was only going off what I was told.... And stated it is sold as seen and didn't once not say to check it! As you did when you came to collect it in broad daylight WITH garage light on!

ph2 172
Zero response from original seller, no reply to texts and letting phone go to answer phone, how could I have possibly got anything back from him? A I can't even get a reply and B I'm pretty sure he would want or at lest see the damaged engine, so that answers that question... So the answer would be I will be paying for replacement head out of my own money, I already lost £50 on the engine as I said to James I'd have preferred to scrap the damn thing for all the grief it's causing! Rushing around trying to get bits together!

Was mid reply to replying to your other post but I'll just start here.

Truthfully Kris I expected money or parts sooner than now. I didn't know you had things on your plate. After hearing stuff off someone today about the iphone thing sent me white, thinking you were just telling me you were looking for bits to keep me quiet.

I never came on here to stir s**t, just to put pictures of up of damage and post what was happening. I am sorry if anything I posted about you wasn't correct its what I've been told off others.

I understand you can't get anything back from original seller, and you are down £50 but I'm down £150. This is why I told you not to bother with the rest of the engine, just the head is what I'm after. To be honest after this hassle I don't even what to build a motor now. I'll drop you a message on fb.

As for the CS pop corn munchers, don't be expecting a fight.

Clio 172 Phase 2
" you dont even want to build a motor now" You given up already ! just find a better engine. lol saying that. i went thru like 4 valver engines in a year lol

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Fair play to Kris coming on here defending his corner.

And fair play also to James for backing down and apologising if his comments were a bit strong.

I hope both you two guys get something sorted.

Clio 182
Unfortunate situation, item was sold as seen to both buyers - who both could have checked before buying. Think Kris is being more than reasonable to sort this out, meet half way draw a line under it and move on

Clio 172 + 172 cup
I've got an engine bought as seen, unknown condition for £110, can't wait to find out what is inside it now!!

MC

Evo 8 & Yamaha R6
We've come to an agreement of me buying a replacement head for the engine, just waiting for mark fox off here to let me know when he's got it off ready

ph2 172
Why not just buy marks engine? And both chip in. Probably more cost effective
Its not really kris' problem to be fair, but he's said he'll ask about marks head, but I live just round the corner from him so I'll probably buy the rest of the engine off him, seen as though I own most of his clio bits now anyway!

To be honest if you buy an entire engine for £150 from a guy on ebay who states he has no idea the condition of it. You pay cash and don't even bother turning it over or pulling the spark plugs out to check the pistons then you can't be helped.

£150 is about 1/3rd what a running engine would cost. You took a chance and lost. Move on.

Richard102

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 cup
That bottom end is f**ked!!! Head on the other hand if its not cracked, then maybe can be rebuilt with new valves and valve steam oil seals!! But all depends how it went bang! 7000rmp or 1000rmp?

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
I know this states all sorted but I don't know if that means money or parts... So, I have a working 172 engine that I have up for £150. It did run fine until I started stripping the car.

No alternator, coil pack/leads or PAS pump, but does come with inlet and exhaust manifolds... Let me know if you are stuck for an engine.

ph2 172
I know this states all sorted but I don't know if that means money or parts... So, I have a working 172 engine that I have up for £150. It did run fine until I started stripping the car.

No alternator, coil pack/leads or PAS pump, but does come with inlet and exhaust manifolds... Let me know if you are stuck for an engine.

Thanks, parts are sorted I think. Cheers for the offer fella

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Grim. Did the £150 price tag not seem a bit suspect though? One for the scrap pile. :(