ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Took the head off to find this...

ph2 172
Recently purchased this from a member I know of on here who had bought it from another member on here. Took the head off today to find this...

C4D25DB2-22D6-4DEE-8E6C-65D86D249657-8625-0000035F4ED948CC_zps4c622eee.jpg

2D87C6A8-9723-46C1-BCDD-F5DAA149081B-8625-0000035F50BFD6ED_zps5574e209.jpg

888D1942-253C-4F60-8824-C213424AD23C-8625-0000035F56B34DFD_zps66b4454f.jpg
372CFE47-A167-4D9E-925F-8C3D433DDE89-8625-0000035F5B18CCD5_zps4b13dd65.jpg

I bought it due to my own engine seems to be using oil from somewhere, so I decided to buy this one to have ago at building myself. Working on a fairly tight budget being a student I picked this engine up for £150. I was told it needed a dephaser and belt, and it came with nothing on it. Which I thought was okay as the belt would need doing anyway and I'd change the dephaser for new and there is nothing wrong with my current auxiliary parts.

Having taken the head off today and found this I am pretty miffed to say the least, oh and yes there was no piston in there yet it seems to have been turned over and now has deep scores on the bore, and at least 2 of the valves are bent. Personally I don't think its worth salvaging due to the amount of money and time it will need.

After speaking to the member I bought it off he seemed pretty shocked when I sent him through the pictures, I still doubt that he or the original seller is going to give me my money back, not sure what I can do about this??

cup, recovery truck
could of been worse buddy you could of fitted the belt and dephaser and gone through the hard work of putting the engine in to find it knocking its tits off and miss firing lol

take the head to scrap your get 20-30 quid for it and weigh the block in too

not your fault buddy your friend trusted the person who gave his word on the engine so dont go blaming yourself

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
f**king piston Ninjas are at it again... that's pretty awesome though!

I've got a bottom end you can have if you collect. Its had oil starvation due to some muppet using way too much silicone on the sump which has blocked the strainer in the pickup but its rebuild worthy and ***FREE***

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Yeah Name and Shame this, no way they didn't know this was happening to the engine, save someone else the Misery. that's f**king awful someone on here sold you that.

ph2 172
Can't stop laughing at the piston ninjas reply!

I'm not usually one to make threats over the internets but I'm seriously pi55ed off about this cause they must have known it was like that, f4r meets living room window...

ph2 172
Paid with cash I'm afraid, I bought it off kris dark he said he got it off a member from Sunderland and it only needed a dephaser, not happy cause I still haven't got any money back and haven't heard anything off the fella kris bought it from.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The way it SHOULD go, is Kris Dark refunds you, you take engine back to him, he then gets his money back off whoever he bought it off.

How it PROBABLY end up; Nothing will happen. Sold as seen. Tough titties.

ph2 172
Just been talking to a friend of mine who knows him, told
me it's not the first time he's sold things dodgy. Sold an iphone 4 on eBay and only sent the box out.
Absolutly raging sat here, thing is I know exactly where he lives, it's ome thing selling dodgy over eBay but selling from your house and being a c**t. Well that's not smart really.

ph2 172
He bought it from a lad in Sunderland, and I bought it off him, so they have money and I'm left with essentially scrap unless I spend money on a piston, liner, couple of valve guides, and some aluminium welding on the combustion chamber

182cup & 172 racecar
From what I read though, the Sunderland guy has paid your mate his money back, but he has not paid it to you, and seeming you paid him, he has been paid twice now for pile of sh1t you have sat at home.

Lionel Richie
He bought it from a lad in Sunderland, and I bought it off him, so they have money and I'm left with essentially scrap unless I spend money on a piston, liner, couple of valve guides, and some aluminium welding on the combustion chamber

ie impossible to repair, the block is scrap, and the head is 95% scrap