ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Toooo low???

Ph2 - 172
Evening all, after a few opinions on the below; I know it’s not to everyone’s taste, but please try and be nice ;)

Been running on the standard wheels for a while, but was offered a set of wheels with the same size tyres as I already had, thought its always good to have a spare set, so off I went to pick them up……

I then found out they were wrapped around a set of D90’s, one had been polished and then painted on top without prep! so needed a bit of work; they are 7.5’s up front and 9’s at the back; I think!!! Anyway, they were sat in the garage for months and finally I gave in and wanted to see what they'd look like on, so the refurb began….

After a quick photoshop it was obvious I couldn’t pull them off on standard or slightly lowered suspension, just didn’t look right, so whilst one of the wheels was being stripped from paint I sourced another set of springs slightly lower than the ones I already had, and this is the result; was lowered 30-40mm when I purchased the car and now running -70mm

profile.jpg

sidelandy.jpg

wheel.jpg

matrix1.jpg

I’m thinking the back needs to come up 10mm, but I also really like the level look, so what do you think?

Opinions and recommendations welcome, slagging not :rasp:

Cheers
Kev

S23

The Cleee-O
Looks good mate. Personally I would say the back is spot on and the front needs to come down a bit more, does look nice though. Liking the grey/gun metal on the silver too :)

172 cup 10/04/10>
where have you sourced the springs from, i take it its a sport? the lowest springs iv found is 40mm

DB.

BMW 440i
+1

I would all so change the porche badge for a clio one? if thats possable?

Would never do that! Thats whats partly cool about them! :cool:

LOVE this car, always wanted these wheels on one of my cars. Was going to on my 206 but sold up. Shame it wouldnt look right on a RB. :(

172 cup 10/04/10>
After a quick photoshop it was obvious I couldn’t pull them off on standard or slightly lowered suspension, just didn’t look right, so whilst one of the wheels was being stripped from paint I sourced another set of springs slightly lower than the ones I already had, and this is the result; was lowered 30-40mm when I purchased the car and now running -70mm

no wonder im getin confused lol, you mean coilovers!:rasp:

Ph2 - 172
Thanks for the comments guys, seems we have mixed results though, Doh!!

I can't actually lower the front or higher the rear as it stands as its running on springs (custom rears) and not coilies. Think I might make some adaptors to raise the rear and see how it looks, can then buy springs to suit.

Whats the standard height, from wheel centre to arch on a factory 172 ?

Cheers

More poke than viagr
Looks good mate. Personally I would say the back is spot on and the front needs to come down a bit more, does look nice though. Liking the grey/gun metal on the silver too :)

Yep, will look great....although it is great anyway atm

LY R26
they look awesome, always wanted to get a set of d90's on mine but never had the balls to go for it lol