ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Top Dealer !!

My local Renault dealer (darlingtons) in Harlow have just sold my wheels for me - some people on here laughed at my asking price of £400 ono but they just sold em for £450 - lovely jubbly - more mods for Squirt now then !! :D

Start with my exhaust - but none of that powerflow stuff - as much as people on here rate them you must remember it is a universal fit so you get no increase in bhp in fact most of them can cause a loss...Then some work to the rear end & go from there.

Paddy - decided deffo gonna get another BSA.....

Paddy - quote for what?? Sorry but I am a girl so a bit dippy !!

There was a BSA Bantam on e-bay that was mint & only went for £550 I so wanted it but gotta sort the Clio out first.

Willy2

squirt you are right to stay away from powerflow, go for supersprint they are supposed to be the nuts, but costly

No I am getting a Devil - had one on the pug & they are one of the few that give you 3-4bhp increase with just the back box. Was looking at Sebring but they are so quiet & a lot dearer. I am a total devil fan for french cars & they make bloody good motorbike ones too.

Skoda Fabia vRS

yea, Supersprint will be the best for power for definite.....expensive but very high quality

The devil does have a sound - very rumbly though - not that horrible wasp-in-a-can sound. I found it was cracking on the pug & when I spoke to my mate at Demon Tweeks he has fitted a few & said they sound cool.

Ad

MK2 FRS

Thatll be the oval, just smaller than the magnex. Nearly went for it as they had it in stock at demon tweeks. Didnt buy one in the end, still on my list though.

Yeah - dont buy it Adtmits - that one is mine!!:D Apparently they are upgrading them as they are looking for a new importer as Automotif only do the motorbike ones now. So that one at Demon Tweeks is the old style so I will wait a month or so see what they come up with.

Youre right powerflow will more than likely lose you power, but then most of the aftermarket premium brands will too. A couple of bhp very high up the rev range means nothing..and it will lose you where you need it, bottom and mid range. Modern OE exhausts are very effiecient, think how much time Renault must put into making them whereas magnex spend a couple of days! Dont be fooled into thinking youll get nothing more than a nice sound and good looks :)

Well done Squirt 172!!!! Nice to see a dealer giving value back for once!!!

I part exd my wheels for my new alloys got a good deal to!! :)

What wheels have you got now?? any pics??

Viv - got Anteras on now - see my car in the gallery - jaines 172.

Rob - yeah cheers for that info - working at Ripspeed & being in the car trade for 7 years I did not know that...silly girl I am..

I think exhaust manufacturers spend more than a couple of days designing thier exhausts as do most aftermarket products/companies - they are produced to be better/faster/more efficent etc than standard - or why would we chip/induct/upratesprings/wheels/clutches/brakes etc if the manufacturers always put the best option on???

yeah but ripspeed is halfords hehe ;) its like talking pcs with someone who works at pc world lol altho i know not everyone is the same

Erm actually Dogmaul - I worked at Ripspeed in Edmonton & Brimsdown from 89 - 93 when it was owned by Keith so nothing to do with Halfords !!!

Worked at Halfords too - Mini shop & Land Rover.....so got a fair idea about cars.....

xx

Think some people get my humour all wrong - I am only joking too - sorry peeps....:cry:

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit but definately the funniest....