ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Top gearbox mount

1.4 16V '52
hello,

The bottom rear engine mount went so i replaced it, now the top gearbox mount is gone. Does the rubber come out of the bracket that holds on the gearbox in 3 points ? or do I need to buy the whole thing ?

Also how many engine mounts have I got on the car ? is it just the Driver side, Top gearbox and rear engine mount ?
I have clio 1.4 2002
Cheers
​Luke

GTxx + ph1 Clio 172
hello,

The bottom rear engine mount went so i replaced it, now the top gearbox mount is gone. Does the rubber come out of the bracket that holds on the gearbox in 3 points ? or do I need to buy the whole thing ?

Also how many engine mounts have I got on the car ? is it just the Driver side, Top gearbox and rear engine mount ?
I have clio 1.4 2002
Cheers
​Luke

Hi Luke,

There is also a lower gearbox mount, which you can seel if you pull the arch-liner out of the way.
The rubber top gearbox mount does come out. unbolt the 3 (17mm I think) bolts holding the bracket you mentioned, then take the bolts holding the tray in place out and unclip the attacked bits of loom etc and take the whole thing out. Get the big nut off the top of the mount if you can (it can be a right pain in the hide - rattle gun while everything is still bolted to the chassis+gearbox is usually the best option), there is a part of the shaft that can be gripped. Sometimes it's just that the bolt on the other end of said shaft has come loose. take out the two bolts holding the mount to the casting last.
Hope that's of some use and makes sense. :)

1.4 16V '52
Thank you jimac, will do it next week & will look for the other mount too ! might just replace em' all.
Cheers mate :)