ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Top Mount - Is this normal?

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Right a recent MOT highlighted a lot of movement in my passenger side Topmount

Im sure I remember Fred mentioning at the time of him fitting some eibachs for me that they were possibly on the way out

anyway I've had the strut off today and this is the subsequent video

so simple question is this kaput?

[video]http://vid62.photobucket.com/albums/h92/withoutabix2002/IMG_2318_zps8f6d9cd2.mp4[/video]

Lionel Richie
looks about normal, compare to the other one? I always laugh at MOT testers saying there's play in the top mounts (with the wheels off the floor) last time i checked clios don't fly

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
looks about normal, compare to the other one? I always laugh at MOT testers saying there's play in the top mounts (with the wheels off the floor) last time i checked clios don't fly

No this was making a right knocking noise when holding the wheel and rocking the suspension and you could see the top mount moving under the bonnet quite a lot tbh the drivers side didn't do this when up in the air which is why I whipped it off to investigate

I've just refitted and it appears a lot better now so hopefully its fixed!