ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Top mount on 16v

Yo peeps,

Seems i only ever post on here when something needs doing to my motor!Has anyone ever attempted to change a sus top mount? my off side is bouncing around a bit.

Gradually getting things done tho, just need to sort out a bit of rust, refurb the wheels (now that i have found a replacement centre cap), change the gearbox oil, pipercross replacement filter, ecotek valve and tune up at RGS Motorsport. Replace the expansion tank cos its filthy and replace hoses with samco. Then its an engine bay steam clean, full valet and it should just about be ready for some summer cruiseing!!!

Any help on the top mount situation would be greatly received.

Cheers

Bookie

Clio 172 cup

Its quite easy to do fella

Just remove the strut from the car, there are 2 bolts to remove at the bottom, connected to the wheel hub and one nut at the top you have to undo by using a spanner and an allen key

once you have the strut out you can replace the top mount, but be warned you will have to use SPRING COMPRESSERS to compress the spring and you will be able to take off the tiny spring clip to get the mount off, underneath the mount you will find a bearing and that will also be worth replacing at the same time

Clio 172 cup

it really is a piece of piss

why dont you buy a haynes manual(the max power clio one) it shows you step by step in there how to do it