ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Top mounts siting too high?

Liquid Yellow 182
Top mounts sitting too high?

Ive been having trouble with my car pulling both left and right and following every bit of camber in the road. ive had the track rod ends and lower arms and ball joints checked and they seem to be fine. Also i have had the traacking done by ATS but not with the hawkeye thing. ive noticed pulling on my drive that my top mounts are sitting really high, i thought this was because my car is on a slope. so i put it on the straight road and they seem to have stayed the same. the suspension is standard i have not lowered my car or anything. standard springs. Pics to show you. is this how they should sit? ive never noticed the like this before
20130328_143351 1.jpgDrivers 20130328_143359 (2).jpgPassengers

Last edited:
  Cup In bits
Top mounts don't cause any vagueness in the steering typically they just usually knock when they are worn. Don't think that's your problem but you could either be doing with new mounts anyway or someone has built them up wrong.

Liquid Yellow 182
Top mounts don't cause any vagueness in the steering typically they just usually knock when they are worn. Don't think that's your problem but you could either be doing with new mounts anyway or someone has built them up wrong.

but ive seen other peoples and people said that is how they are supposed to be?
i am going to see Fred tomorrow at BTM anyway, so he will shed some light for me :)