ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Top mounts with coilovers

Lancia Integrale
Hi guys, I will be running coilovers on my ph1 soon ;) but still debating what to do with the top mounts- are stock mounts ok for track use or will spending more money on solid mounts be worth it?

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
they make a lot of difference to steering responsiveness, as is logical really. take out the play that would have been the rubber compressing first and you just turn. You also alter the geometry to a degree as the top is pivotting in a much smaller arc

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
2 options IMO. K-tec (design was my idea, and executed by a former colleage who's a CAD genius) or AST's if you want the built in ability to add castor (but they have a really crap design flaw with the top nut and they get damaged by just tightening it)

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Is it best to get these done at same time as fitting coilovers? Is it worth it on a road car that will maybe see the track once or twice this year?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I had my coilovers on for some time before fitting them. Made no difference noise wise and turn in was much better. And i yeah fine for a road car.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
If I was starting again (I replaced all the suspension on my 172 with OE stuff) I would go for the Ktec solid top mounts and engine mounts. That's coming from someone who's not even driven a car with them lol. The standard stuff is just that bad quality wise that I will be replacing the lot again and it's not even a year old.

Lancia Integrale
2 options IMO. K-tec (design was my idea, and executed by a former colleage who's a CAD genius) or AST's if you want the built in ability to add castor (but they have a really crap design flaw with the top nut and they get damaged by just tightening it)

Do the Clio's benefit from more adjustability on the top mounts- I know are BMW's use them.. Is the ats ones worth living with the design flaw?