ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

top spec clio....what is it?

It's nice
hello
i have a 182
but im thinking of buying a clio for my wife...
a question...
waht is the top spec i can get?
im after a 04-55 plate
but not a 182
is there any small engine clios with lots of toys or special edition clios??
thanks

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
My 1.6 is a privilege-its ok, but the Initiale would be closest to the trim spec of your 182. Downside to the Initiale would be the grim looking wheels (imo of course). :)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
initiale is the top spec, better spec than the 182 in many ways!

dynamiques also came with rare optional extras such as xenons, colour sat nav, ESP, cruise control, 6 disc changers, cabasse head unit, climate control and electric sunroof.

1.2s are cheap and cheerful but not very good to drive compaired to other engines and not many left the factory with any options! 1.4 and 1.6 ones are better to drive with more torque and better gear ratios but not very good on fuel! dci versions are good to drive, cheap to run but can cost a lot if they go wrong so make sure they have a full history, used the correct oil and have had the belts changed. dci80 and 100 models are rarer but worth the premium, especially the 100

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
initiale is the top spec, better spec than the 182 in many ways!

How so bud? Don't Mk2 Initiale & RS both have xenons w/washer jets, heated wing mirrors,auto lights/wipers, CC & same seats/wheel bar being trimmed a different colour?

1.4 and 1.6 ones are better to drive with more torque and better gear ratios but not very good on fuel! dci versions are good to drive, cheap to run but can cost a lot if they go wrong so make sure they have a full history, used the correct oil and have had the belts changed.

My mk2 1.6 averages 39-42mpg, so wouldn't really say it was particularly poor on fuel. Not sure why they're any more expensive to run too when the majority of parts are generic.

AUDI A5 s-sline
I have a mk2 1.2 extreme, that is a good spec aswell, I have made it a 182 rep now, but when It was standard it was still a great spec car, and great mpg! :).