ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

top speed out of your valver

clio 20v

has any1 ever tried to use the window washer at 125

it doesnt work wipers just lift off the screen leaving u with a wet windscreen and unable to see

still not sure what my thinking was deciding my screen was a bit dirty at 125,

i think theyll all do 130 u mite see 140 down hill on a smooth road if uve got the bottle to keep going along at that speed, if u pass a police car though its not likely he will catch u

adi

I dont understand why mine wont do more than 125, i have done it with 2 other people in my car, so theoretically when i take those two people out it should do more, but it doesnt it just stays on 125. Any ideas?

jonl

sometimes it better to back off and feed the power in as the speed creeps up. i always find this works when it get stuck at a certain point,

wongy

Clio 1.8 16v

do u not think that it might be a flat spot on the car?u go faster when u have got people in because u have more momentum thats why golfs n that are fast on the motoway and other cars like that2

wongy - ill give that a try next time i go for a top speed run ;)

wkdlad - hmmm possibly, i think my car needs a superchip;), i get the idea about the momentum tho

As far as I know my cars standard, but I think it may have had work done it it as it does seem quite fast. 142mph was the indicated speed, so I might just have a dodgy speedo. 142 is scary until your 17 year old brother goes past at close to 200mph on yours dads Fireblade, unlicenced and uninsured :confused:

Quote: Originally posted by SimonNOS on 10 January 2003

As far as I know my cars standard, but I think it may have had work done it it as it does seem quite fast. 142mph was the indicated speed, so I might just have a dodgy speedo. 142 is scary until your 17 year old brother goes past at close to 200mph on yours dads Fireblade, unlicenced and uninsured
I didnt realise NOS came as a standard option on valvers!;)

Good point! It will redline in 5th with NOS, which is getting close to 150mph, but I dont wanna push it right to the limiter.

Clio 1.8 16v

get that limiter hit lad thats what it is there for its not goin to damage your engine thats why they put limiters on cars so u dont rev them too high and damage your engine!but dont get me wrong it aint goin to be good for your engine if u keep hittin that limiter

JonL when i had mine i got 125 out of it too...dunno if she would have went anymore but i ran out of road! oh well.. depends on the state of te engine! i could smell some burning too! hmmm

Clio 1.8 16v

139 thats fast think i am goin to put my cold airfeed back on and go and see how fast i can get again!!n e 1 know were there is a big down hill part on a motoway?:devilish:

BMW Z4 2.5si Sport

My Fiesta 2.0 topped out today at 130....

Id have thought it should have got more....

Clio 1.8 16v

just raced my mate on the motoway he has a clio 16v but has a power boost valve on and his car just sales past mine this was at about 120 i thought power boost valves were not that good?