ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Topaz Blue M3

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Passat R-Line
Now I'm not a big city detective or anything but it looks like it's been in an accident.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443956251.549174.jpg

Maybe one or two! Not a straight panel on it. Will make parking and driving it lovely, not a single care about dents, scrapes, dings!

-Rob

ClioSport Club Member
You've got some heafty bills done there! What's the gear change like now? Mine feels like I'm driving a tractor or a lorry!

I've got front brakes, inspection 2 and probably all new rear suspension to do and front tyres before winter.

I opted for 15/12mm spacers, rears rub a bit on the arch but haven't done for a week or two now. (265 on eibachs)
image.jpg

How's the purple tag?

Gear change is definitely better, but still not perfect. Will do the 330d gear linkage mod at some point, but it doesn't bother me enough to have it planned anytime soon.

Mines already had new shocks in the last few years, along with track rods, but I think I'll get some Z4 eccentric wishbone bushes sorted at some point. The purple tag steering rack has improved the feel, made it slightly faster and got rid of a bit of the deadness at centre lock.

Your car looks lovely mate! I'd like spacers but really don't want to have to worry about catch the arches!

Small update, I've just bought some genuine LED rear lights off the German eBay, paid £100 delivered which is a bit of a bargain!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445686330.439293.jpg

Also placed an order with BMW Cotsworld for the adapted wires, interior boot light unit etc so should be good to go by the time the lights arrive from Germany. The car has previously been coded to allow the LEDs so I shouldn't need to again which is handy. I also got a new rear M3 badge, so the rear end will be tidied up nicely once my goodies arrive!

Only bought the cheap aftermarket LEDs originally as I wasn't certain on whether I prefer facelift over non-facelift lights, and they came up locally for £30, so I'm glad to finally replace them. Much prefer LEDs since they've been on the car though, definite upgrade in my mind.

Also just bought some exhaust clamps, again got a bargain, as the usual clamps corrode and are generally crap.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445685954.174333.jpg

Car is still running smoothly, not had a single issue, I'm even managing to clean it weekly still, which is a pretty big deal for me and my cars!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Really enjoyed mine. Probably the best car I've owned. But weirdly, one of the few cars I've not missed.

Genuine LEDs arrived Monday (ordered Friday from Germany!) and all the other retrofit parts from Cotswold BMW arrived yesterday, so rather impatiently I fitted them yesterday in the dark.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446028006.605581.jpg

Much brighter than the aftermarket ones, and a lot neater installation on the interior boot lights as well. Now I just need a new rear M3 badge as it was missed from my order, then the back end will be much fresher. Think the LED numberplate bulbs and clean plate make a big difference!

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Loving this. I should have bought an M3 over my 330 petrol as you seem to get better mpg than me, LOL

Loving this. I should have bought an M3 over my 330 petrol as you seem to get better mpg than me, LOL

I get fairly decent MPG as I currently use it for motorway mostly, with only the odd drive for fun, but with my Police application going through at the moment it would be a pretty bad time to get done speeding! Especially as 3rd gear hits 100mph, or so I've read...so I tend to use cruise control a lot at the moment.

-Rob

ClioSport Club Member
£100 is an absolute bargain for the LED rears, I picked up some front discs cheap from German eBay, they arrived quicker than most UK parts do!

Did you reuse the exhaust gaskets? Cotswolds are back logged with them so I'm waiting to do mine.

£100 is an absolute bargain for the LED rears, I picked up some front discs cheap from German eBay, they arrived quicker than most UK parts do!

Did you reuse the exhaust gaskets? Cotswolds are back logged with them so I'm waiting to do mine.

Yeah I couldn't say no for the price! No I haven't done my exhaust clamp yet, for the same reason.

I've got CSL discs from Germany on my eBay watch list as well, can get some bargains if you know where to look! Mine aren't due for a while though. Tempted by either BMWP BBK or maybe a K-sport 356mm kit when they do need changing...

Another boring update, rear lights are now coded, along with one touch close on the rear windows, indicator flash on lock/unlock, wing mirrors fold away when I lock and the guy also managed to get my Bluetooth paired with my iPhone which is pretty handy!

Also found out I can have M-track mode enabled, so will be going back to get that sorted in the next few weeks.

Saw his M3 which had the F10 gear knob and also a Royal retrim wheel, both are much nicer than the standard items, so will be getting those soon.

330i. E30 Touring.
Can you please absolutely f**k this, make it worth three figures and i'll buy it?

K?

Cheers.

Can you please absolutely f**k this, make it worth three figures and i'll buy it?

K?

Cheers.

Maybe when the subframe has been tore off, vanos has spat an oil pump tab through the engine, diff has shat itself and the HG has gone...but let's hope that's not for a few more months!

I've even been cleaning it! Can you believe that?! Madness.

TT QS
my mates not long had a silver one... what a car! he let me drive it for a little bit and the things an absolute joy. most definitely on my list to own.
yours looks lovely, the blue is such a good colour. keep up the good work.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
All your tinkering makes me feel like i'm neglecting mine lol.
Have now driven the Mini once since July, seriously considering selling it & spending all the proceeds on the M3 😂

BMW 330ci
I really want to swap my 330 for an M3 ! Definitely a car I want to own just scared of the things that can go wrong and the price !

Your car looks great btw doing some nice improvements ! I can vouch for the steering wheel ! Once done it totally transforms the interior makes it feel like a new car !

Finally given it a long overdue clean! Was bloody freezing, Its nothing special as still waiting for a few new products to arrive, no polish or wax currently on the car!

3372e2a5ce02ac5e132558b33701ce1d.jpg

Definitely need new inner boot lights, and a new M3 badge as they're both looking a bit tired. Thought I'd ordered the badge but it got missed off my order. Now I'm unsure whether to get the E9X badge or not...

Went to take some nicer pictures but my battery ran out, so may grab some later if I can be arsed.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Really nice cars, starting to like them alot. What sort of dollars do these fetch on say an 02 with less than 100k. Only ask as my sisters fella friend has just bought an smg version. Not seen the car etc but it's supposed to be clean etc. Paid £6500 iirc

Really nice cars, starting to like them alot. What sort of dollars do these fetch on say an 02 with less than 100k. Only ask as my sisters fella friend has just bought an smg version. Not seen the car etc but it's supposed to be clean etc. Paid £6500 iirc

Sounds like a good deal, but obviously there's too many unknowns to say for sure, only knowing year and mileage.

I'd tell him to get on M3Cutters and get the SMG running updated software, apparently it's much nicer to use.

Another small job done which has been bugging me for a while!

Before
6a8e63e97125fbf7cbf69b7c1cb4bbec.jpg

f16904df819a6975831a0fb74246b725.jpg

After
c97ab7067e9a416636f08670464ea323.jpg

5a551713c5fdbbf4b88fe4d60790ef48.jpg

Much better! Rain has stopped me being able to give it a thorough clean as my Carpro Trix and G3 clay mitt have arrived, but that can wait!

You need a cotton bud on your boot lock!

Love this colour!

I hadn't noticed before you said... It's going to bug me now!

Once I get a new badge the rear end will be finished (until I get a CSL bootlid!) I just need to decide on a new style M3 badge or not.

Getting ready for tomorrow! Going to be a long day...

e579f7fbe80ccdbc7b562ffd9bdf53f3.jpg

3130111f121dd7370e758bb8e55f040e.jpg

f89847e3719cd91d7bca2d3d70814cf1.jpg

4c8d891e8edb12457f998d65d6edcd9d.jpg

ed7ce765f4dddd17b003aa6bb7576f8b.jpg

All my new Carpro buffing microfibres are in the wash, as is my Aqua Deluxe drying towel.

Any tips would be appreciated as I haven't ever clayed a car, and the last time I polished/waxed was about 6 years ago!

-Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Preparation is key! Spend more time getting it clean before protecting the paint.

Before you clay the car make sure you get all the metal filings out (ironX) and then remove the tar (tardis).

Is that a clay glove? Just keep it lubricated and don't drop it. Claying a car is soothing for the mind haha! Don't apply too much pressure as you can damage the paintwork doing it.

I really didn't get on with Megs Ultimate compound, I doubt it'll even touch the BMW paintwork as it's extremely hard paint..

Just make sure you clay the windows and polish with G4, but be careful as its dusty and quite hard to remove. Follow all instructions with the gtech stuff as application and surface preparation is key!

Might be handy to get panel wipe or isopropanol before applying the Gtech products.

Managed to get a bit of cleaning done, unfortunately it was rather foggy all day so didn't polish or wax but washed, decontaminated, clayed, re-washed and then dried. Looks a lot better for it, pictures don't do it justice with the colour.

efafc95a46704dc0cef2d392126780db.jpg

Wheels need a refurb but that can wait until summer.
377ecdf3858b2463fb46ada753b35992.jpg

940152c8eb8803b7fb79be73927e6269.jpg

9c466a303f83ccb7cd2be25bfeefd258.jpg

Also cleared out the rear aches of any built up crud, no rust I could feel but will look into getting them protected properly before it's too late.

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
Red leather looks great!

Just FYI, if you clay/decontaminate, that will strip all the protection (if any!) on the car, so depending on how long you leave it you should do it again next time, and just whack some aqua wax on after shampooing if you havent got time to do the full works.

330i. E30 Touring.
Trashed this yet and want to punt it on for £1500?

You've got my number. (just replying to your whatsapp now)

Trashed this yet and want to punt it on for £1500?

You've got my number. (just replying to your whatsapp now)

Unfortunately not, be a few years yet until you get your grubby mitts on it. (Not counting this weekend, obviously... )

I love red leather in them but as yours is already black I wouldn't change it. The horrible grey, yes, but not the black.

Yeah the grey leather really is horrible. I am happy with how it is now but red just seems a bit nicer, and can be had for under £450. Other option is getting two Pole Positions and losing about 70kg in weight!

Red leather looks great!

Just FYI, if you clay/decontaminate, that will strip all the protection (if any!) on the car, so depending on how long you leave it you should do it again next time, and just whack some aqua wax on after shampooing if you havent got time to do the full works.

Yeah the car had no protection whatsoever pre-decontamination anyway but was re-washed and polished/waxed Saturday. Looking 10x better for it as well, made such an improvement.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah the grey leather really is horrible. I am happy with how it is now but red just seems a bit nicer, and can be had for under £450. Other option is getting two Pole Positions and losing about 70kg in weight!
As great as PP's are, you'd soon get pissed off. Also your mrs will hate them. Trust me, my ear still aches.

I agree, is it pole positions the csl come with or something else?

Yes the CSL comes with special pole positions and a fancy mechanism so they can still tilt and slide to get into the back. Cost a few grand though!

As great as PP's are, you'd soon get pissed off. Also your mrs will hate them. Trust me, my ear still aches.

Well I do have a Passat TDI which will soon be in use as a daily so the M can afford to be a bit less useable. Though I am the worlds least flexible person and already struggle more than I should getting into the standard seats!