ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Torque of the devil?? Anyone been there?

Mk2 172
Only word of mouth fluff so no basis for commenting or quoting, never been there, never had anything to do with them.

Your more than likely right.

I know i am lol. Everywhere gets a slagging off. Aslong as they make my car better im not fussed :)

Mk2 172
Thought you went to GDi?

I do but my car doesnt drive right. Numerous people have driven it and said thats not right. Id like to say it was intermittent but it isnt. However it only does it 7 times outta 10 if u get wot i mean.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I do but my car doesnt drive right. Numerous people have driven it and said thats not right. Id like to say it was intermittent but it isnt. However it only does it 7 times outta 10 if u get wot i mean.
Fair enough. Long way to travel, but if it gets it sorted its worth it.

Mk2 172
Fair enough. Long way to travel, but if it gets it sorted its worth it.

well thats what im hoping. Not as far as GDI now they are with Ktec racing.
Just want a second opinion on the map and setting etc etc.
Im not bothered aslong as its fixed.
Im gong to take it to OMEX soon and take rich out in it and make it do what im talking about then i think he will soon change his opinion on whether the car is right or wrong :)

182 Cup
I've just been talking to a friend who had his Fiesta RS Turbo mapped at Torque of the Devil - he said they were excellent and he would go back and use them again and again.

I went out in that car after it had been worked on and it was incredibly smooth, so much more tractable than it was beforehand.

Mk2 172
I've just been talking to a friend who had his Fiesta RS Turbo mapped at Torque of the Devil - he said they were excellent and he would go back and use them again and again.

I went out in that car after it had been worked on and it was incredibly smooth, so much more tractable than it was beforehand.

Cool good to hear :) looking forward to the results with mine!

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Went to a rolling road day there with another club once, Cracking Sausage Sandwich and Coffee breakfast they put on for us IIRC.

I think the "Rumours" that were floating about was a little bit of willy waving between PE and TOTD.

I did try and sort out a RR day for the Herts / North London lot but there was no interest.

Mk2 172
Went to a rolling road day there with another club once, Cracking Sausage Sandwich and Coffee breakfast they put on for us IIRC.

I think the "Rumours" that were floating about was a little bit of willy waving between PE and TOTD.

I did try and sort out a RR day for the Herts / North London lot but there was no interest.

PE??

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
yer power engineering and torque of the devil are stones throws away so there going to be a few rumours floating around, i no lots of peole who have been there its a highly spoke of place on the ford scene, im actually up ther sat morning as my mates rs focus in going on the rollers. would recommend from what ive herd though matey

Mk2 172
yer power engineering and torque of the devil are stones throws away so there going to be a few rumours floating around, i no lots of peole who have been there its a highly spoke of place on the ford scene, im actually up ther sat morning as my mates rs focus in going on the rollers. would recommend from what ive herd though matey

cool cheers :) they sounded positive on the phone which is always a good sign.
Not some tool grunting down the phone at u showing no interest at all lol

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup

Power Engineering - Another local company.

The some of the staff that opened up TOTD used to work for PE so there was allegedly some heat between the company's.

As I say this is all rumor though from when i was into my Fords, nothing i have ever seen to back it up.

The Lads at TOTD were all great when we went down.

Nowt wrong with them IMHO. I've spoken with them a few times about Pectel stuff when they've been stuck and they seem a decent bunch.

Cheers
M

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
cool cheers :) they sounded positive on the phone which is always a good sign.
Not some tool grunting down the phone at u showing no interest at all lol

lol what you looking at having done mate?

ibiza cupra
my mate at work says they are sposed to be the best at what they do and is saving to get his car done there. cant speak for myself though as i havent used them.

Gez

Yozza'd 182 RB 188bhp
Chris Todd is the man to speak to down at TOTD. he mapped my punto GT and remapped my clio too.
Well reccomended

Lionel Richie
^yep chris is "the man"

he did the mapping on the first ever clio 172 on throttle bodies (roamers car)

the s**t between PE and TOD is due to most of the staff leaving PE and setting up TOD, i wouldn't hesitate recommending TOD, excellent bunch, Chris especially

Mk2 172
^yep chris is "the man"

he did the mapping on the first ever clio 172 on throttle bodies (roamers car)

the s**t between PE and TOD is due to most of the staff leaving PE and setting up TOD, i wouldn't hesitate recommending TOD, excellent bunch, Chris especially

Cool well tbh im going to see icarus cos hes convinced its the throttle position sensor. Hes going to plug the laptop in and go for a drive to see whats going on.
The problem cant be seen on the rollers so needs to be driven with him next to me :)

Cool well tbh im going to see icarus cos hes convinced its the throttle position sensor. Hes going to plug the laptop in and go for a drive to see whats going on.
The problem cant be seen on the rollers so needs to be driven with him next to me :)

Data logging most definately 'FTW' in this situation as Dan appears to be able to reproduce the fault consistantly. Proper logging session will show what the ECU is seeing from the sensors under various transients and what its doing in response.

This one appears to be more mechanical failure related than calibration related!

Cheers
M

172 Cup & Clio dci Van
im going to TOD today, mate is putting in his wrx sti type R v limited for 400 horses, been in there before thought they knew what they were talking about.

Mk2 172
Data logging most definately 'FTW' in this situation as Dan appears to be able to reproduce the fault consistantly. Proper logging session will show what the ECU is seeing from the sensors under various transients and what its doing in response.

This one appears to be more mechanical failure related than calibration related!

Cheers
M

Yeah i think so too, definately. Whats so annoying is i think ive developed a driving style now which almost makes me hunt for this problem everytime i drive the car. It is hideous when it happens tho!

You've only got a single point of reference for the ECU to determine load hence if that fails any additional air mass delivered won't be fueled for!

Cheers
M

Mk2 172
You've only got a single point of reference for the ECU to determine load hence if that fails any additional air mass delivered won't be fueled for!

Cheers
M

And thats exactly what it feels like when u give it full throttle!! All the air but no fuel to go with it which is why it completely bogs down and goes awfully quiet :(
So bloody annoying!