ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

torque steer

Black 182
Hi, is it normal for the steering wheel (in a 182) to wriggle and pull when you're accelerating hard? It happens under braking too but which way seems to depend on the camber of the road?

Cheers
Matt

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
yes on acceleerating.(a bit) not so much under breaking. maybe you have un-even tread on your tyres?

found that having the same brand ot tyre all rounds makes a diff in the way the car feels too.

Nissan Pulsar GTiR
Hi, is it normal for the steering wheel (in a 182) to wriggle and pull when you're accelerating hard? It happens under braking too but which way seems to depend on the camber of the road?

Cheers
Matt
You've hit the nail on the head, with the last part of your post.

If the road you're on has fairly high camber, you'll get all sorts of issues when accelerating and braking.

You should also check your tyre pressures (most probably your issue, along with the road camber), use the same tyres at least across the same axles but, preferrably all round and get your alignment checked.

Black 182
Cheers, I am gonna get my alignment checked over the weekend, tyre pressures are fine, running michelin pilots on the front, exalto's on the back. Does anyone know what the correct set up is for toe-in and camber?

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Mine has started doing this too. I had a front lower ball joint replaced under warranty last month and i'm wondering if they have fecked up the tracking/allignment/(insert proper name here)

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
My 1.6 has always suffered from torque steer when pulling away rapidly. The tracking is spot on and so are my tyre preasures. I have heard this is a typical Clio thing so I am not worried about it. As for it happening under breaking, as said by others, it all depends on the camber of the road.

clioproj/skylinegtst/merc
if its toein in its guna feel twitchy anyway just make sure they do it factory settings as most places just zero most cars take its standard ride height ?

BMW M4; S1000 RR
My 1.6 has always suffered from torque steer when pulling away rapidly. The tracking is spot on and so are my tyre preasures. I have heard this is a typical Clio thing so I am not worried about it. As for it happening under breaking, as said by others, it all depends on the camber of the road.

It was funny enough with the 182, but this ??:)