ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Toshiba v Samsung 32inch LCD

Rav4
Tosh give a better pic as their display engine is of better quality, colours are more vibrant and also they have better blacks, a known issue with LCD's.

The best thing you can do is buy what hi fi magazine for £3.99 and read all the reviews.

320d M Sport
If you spend extra £100 (if u can afford it), you can get latest N73 Samsung, we've got one. First one we had to send back due to red smear, this one we have now is awesome though, looks as good turned off as it does on!

360 looks brilliant through it too.

Read through here mate:

www.avforums.com

Tosh give a better pic as their display engine is of better quality, colours are more vibrant and also they have better blacks, a known issue with LCD's.

The best thing you can do is buy what hi fi magazine for £3.99 and read all the reviews.

Thats what I did^^ And bought the Tosh ;)

RenaultSport clio 172
Hmm interesting! The 360 has inspired me to get an HD! I suppose its like looking at a Golf and an Alfa, You know that the Golf will be a better all rounder but the Alfa just looks so much better.

Hmm interesting! The 360 has inspired me to get an HD! I suppose its like looking at a Golf and an Alfa, You know that the Golf will be a better all rounder but the Alfa just looks so much better.

LOL Thats a good analogy! Depends if you want style over substance I suppose.

The Tosh does look better than alot of flat screen TV's though, but not as good as the Samsung models. I wanted a black one - so it does tick that box at least

you mean the Sony Bravia uses the same panel, Samsung and LG are the two main players who actually make their own LCD panels, so I dont see how the Toshiba one can be better as chances are it's a Samsung panel anyway.

Samsung all the way. As someone mentioned above get the R73, these are the best screen out at the moment imo

you mean the Sony Bravia uses the same panel, Samsung and LG are the two main players who actually make their own LCD panels, so I dont see how the Toshiba one can be better as chances are it's a Samsung panel anyway.

Samsung all the way. As someone mentioned above get the R73, these are the best screen out at the moment imo

Think your wrong there mate. Also Sony and Samsung may use the same panel but they don't use the same software; hence they perform differently ;)

dk

911 GTS Cab
Sony and Samsung share the production plant, so both use the same panels but they both own them together.

As someone said, its all down to the processor they use and different people prefer different processors.

I have both a Samsung and a Sony Bravia and they are the same panel but one uses the bravia engine and the samsung, not sure on the name but you can tell the difference between the two, sometimes i prefer the bravia and sometimes the samsung, both are excellent though and if you are after the best quality screen and not a million HDMI connections for things you don't even own yet that could use a switchbox so it won't matter plus you will be buying a 1080p screen in a few years anyway then get one of these two, class leaders, neither will disappoint!

I will say that the 360 and HD-DVD movies look amazing on my LE32M51 samsung! Can't fault it!

Golf GTI 1.8T

Thats what I did^^ And bought the Tosh ;)

or 'What HDTV magazine' avail in wh smith.

but samsung for me - prices here £605 delivered. http://lcd-tv-deals.co.uk/samsung_le32r73_lcd_tv.htm

Full Fat 182
I can only go on what i have, and that Is the sammy, brilliant picture when feeding a HD source. Xbox 360 looks the nutts.

Off air isnt great, but then again, i havent found an LCD/Plasma that is, regardless of price.

Tip tho, do not get a decent HD tv without having some sort of HD source to go with it. I did, and to begin with i was pretty disapointed, then the Xbox 360 came and im glad i kept it