ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

touchscreens

Ive got a lilliput touchscreen and i no these can be used with incar pcs. Would it work with a modded xbox? Also if i was to buy a kenwood kvt-m700 touchscreen would that work with my pc?

Sorry i just have no idea how they work

Mine worked on the serial port - and you had to install drivers for it. (Windows, Linux, BSD.. worked with them all apparently.) It just think its a mouse!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

If you mean will the screen work with just the xbox video then maybe, depends what imputs it has.

If you are talking about using the touchscreen part to control an xbox is may be possible but difficult. You would need to chip then install linux, then you would probably need a serial->USB converter as there are no serial ports on the XBOX just USB (with proprietry connectors).

Like I said not easy and you would have to do a lot of configuration in linux so you would have to be confortable in the linux enviroment. Here is a great site with a touch screen linux system http://www.dashpc.comdashpc

If you wanted to control the xbox using touch screen then I doubt it would be possible, the xbox dashboard doesnt have code for that type of interface.

The newer screens come with USB Touchscreen.

Mine had serial, cus I chose that - seemed to work better in general than the USB version at the time.

cheers daz-stick with the lilliput then and try and get it fiberglassed into the dash-just a pain in the arse haveing to source a whole new dash

Thats one of the main reasons I stopped using my CarPC - it wasnt integrated!

I can get hold of In-Dash VGA Touchscreens tho! Like the Kenwood, but, Like the Lilliput! bout £500 tho!