ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Touring Car Legends

Street Triple R
I cant see the link but I wonder if it goes back to the 70s?

My Dad was actually one of the first privateer champions back in 1972 I think it was, back then it was called the British Saloon car championship though

Swift Sport
I cant see the link but I wonder if it goes back to the 70s?

My Dad was actually one of the first privateer champions back in 1972 I think it was, back then it was called the British Saloon car championship though

That's pretty interesting, what was his name?

I've got BTCC DVD's from '89 to '95 and have many more to purchase :)

IMO the BTCC went a bit sh*t after the 1990's.

Street Triple R
That's pretty interesting, what was his name?

I've got BTCC DVD's from '89 to '95 and have many more to purchase :)

IMO the BTCC went a bit sh*t after the 1990's.

Not many people will of heard of him but his name was Melvyn Adams, there used to be a page on him on the official btcc site but ive just looked again and page cannot be found now :(

Appreciate this will be way before peoples time on here but he won the 1972 private entrants championship as it was called back then, in a crazy little Hillman Imp

4.jpg

http://www.imps4ever.info/racing/races/melvyn-adams/index.html

Agree with you on late 80s to mid 90s BTCC, it was awesome then, The Cossies and the M3s were just fantatsic

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Modern touring cars are sh*t compared :(

I heard an Autosport interview, I can't remember who it was, but someone said 'it's a pleasure to drive with some of the best driving talent in the world' The room went quiet haha.

Blokes deluded, the drivers aren't even close to the caliber of Rouse or Mansell for example.