ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tow Eye

Si

RS Clio 172
Right, I've been meaning to do this for a while but the tow eye thread the other day finally got me going.

Basically at work I modelled up a tow eye using dimensions from the standard one in the spare wheel and a few measurements i took. I then gave the design to a few guys at work and here's the result:

IMG_0150.jpg

on car:

IMG_0148.jpg

IMG_0149.jpg

I'm pretty happy with it to be honest, there might be a few changes i'd make to make it fit slightly better next to the bumper but other than that i'm happy.

here's an original Renault one to compare:

010-vi.jpg

DSC00325.jpg

If you like what you see there's no reason I couldn't make a load of these. I thought I'd post this up first to get people's views and gauge interest. If there's enough interest I'll put a price together and make up a batch.

Cheers,

Si

P.S. I could also modify the design slightly and make rear tow eyes if need be. lets concentrate on these ones for now though!

Last edited:

Si

RS Clio 172
let me know any ball parks

There's a football pitch down the road from me...

Seriously though I don't want to say a price yet, want to get an idea of whether people would be interested or not first, then i can get them priced according to how many we need.

I'm more than happy to hear what people are willing to pay too :)

Astra van,Mk1 nova
There's a football pitch down the road from me...

Seriously though I don't want to say a price yet, want to get an idea of whether people would be interested or not first, then i can get them priced according to how many we need.

You will sell loads. Trust me! decent prices are in order mind ;)

Si

RS Clio 172
The rust thing i need to look into. it could be a case of getting them plated, powder coated, painted, whatever.

This has literally just been finished today and it is the first one so please bare with me with the answers to some of the questions. We may not make the finished article out of high tensile yet, this thread was more of a what do you think/first look sort of thing.

Si

RS Clio 172
I think I would just get it painted / powder coated

I was thinking about this earlier as it means we could get them in different colours but then again it means they'll look less like the genuine part.

It's up to you guys!

Up rocks
I was going to make these as i have access to CNC lathes but dont have the right tools for bending the hoop. How did you do that part? (not that i would now because im selling the car anyway)

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Nice work! Since you cant get them from Rsport you could making a few quid for the right price ;), £15 OMP one is where its @ though :cool:

Up rocks
If that hoop was bent into a circle shape then prised open in order to get it into the shaft, it may be likely to bend and pop back out when actually towing. I'm not entirely sure how the original ones were done.

Si

RS Clio 172
If that hoop was bent into a circle shape then prised open in order to get it into the shaft, it may be likely to bend and pop back out when actually towing. I'm not entirely sure how the original ones were done.

I haven't had these made for show. They're made to be tow eyes and they would work.

edit - this wasn't meant to sound 'bitchy' revels said it sounded bitchy. he's gay.

Last edited: