ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tow Eye

Si

RS Clio 172
Would these fit onto a 1.2 ? or could you make them to fit ? Are they just a screw in job ?

it's a screw in job like the one in the spare wheel. i'm not sure of the design on the 1.2 to be honest so couldn't answer you for sure...

Up rocks
I haven't had these made for show. They're made to be tow eyes and they would work.

edit - this wasn't meant to sound 'b**chy' revels said it sounded b**chy. he's gay.

lol no worries, just wondered how they were put together for strength is all :)

182 Cup
I thought the thread might go downhill after my post. I mean it though, seriously - I want to see a smaller ring.

Si

RS Clio 172
why smaller? i'm pretty sure it's similar to the Renault part. although smaller would improve fitment...

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Very Interested Si... Price dependant though and Yeah maybe a slightly smaller ring would help with Fitment :)

Is there any law about driving around with your Tow Eye in place?

Bumder With A Buffer
Whats wrong with the one in the boot is it too short? (I didn't even know there was one there! :eek: )

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Interested Fella :D as iv lost my original Renault 1 :(

+ anychance we could get any colour we want? say blue? or Yellow

Si

RS Clio 172
Whats wrong with the one in the boot is it too short? (I didn't even know there was one there! :eek: )

the one in the boot looks like it was made by my little sister. plus it sticks out a mile.

Bit of an update on the price and rust thing...

I've been really busy today so haven't been able to put a price together. On Monday i'll try and get a few quotes from a few places and let you guys know a price asap. I'm not going to rush into anythin though as i want it done well and at a decent price.

As for the corrosion thing... I've been given the names of some local plating companies and i know a guy who can powdercoat. I'll put some ideas and prices together of everything added up and report back.

Cheers :)

Si

Si

RS Clio 172
Interested Fella :D as iv lost my original Renault 1 :(

+ anychance we could get any colour we want? say blue? or Yellow

this depends on whether it works out cheaper/better to get them powdercoated or plated.

If people like the powdercoating idea and if the price is right i don't see why we couldn't offer a few colours.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Nice One Fella...... Anthracite Powder Coated would be Perfect for me :)

Black n gold 182 cup
Interested in one defo will keep an eye out on the price... any idea of how long it would take for them to be made and delivered once everything is sorted out?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Just to make you aware, powder-coating is not a protective coating. It will still rust, more so if it gets chipped.

You need to get it zinc-coated, ideally. Then they can be powder-coated to a colour, afterwards.

Clio sport 172
One for me too please, why dont you make it from Stainless, then no worries with corrosion or having to get it plated.
Let me know price and how to pay you please?