ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Towbar for a 1.2TCe with rear style pack diffuser

Title says it all really, wondering if anybody has fitted one to a 2012 model clio fitted with the lower bumper style pack diffuser. I had a westfallia bar from a previous model, but the style pack essential adds about another 2 inches drop to the rear bumper, consequently the swan neck on the westfallia detachable bar is not deep enough to fit. So wondered if anybody had success with another make of towbar as I am loath to take of the diffuser

regards

Clio 1.2 16v TCE WS
sounds like a custom job, i have the 1.2 TCe with the world series style pack on it and think if you were to get one to fit it be quite low and slightly unpractical with scraping ? i may be talking bull tho.

Thought this might be the case, looks like I will have to modify the side chassis brackets to lower the bar. Notice you are from Wick, from Reay myself, so practically next door!

Nothing serious, just a very small 6 x 4 lightweight trailer, previous Clio managed it fine and this one has the same power and slightly more torque in the mid range revs, so wont be a problem

For anyone who has the same issue with the rear style pack, the solution is to get a couple of modified side brackets made up, the critical dimensions you need are to drop the assembly by 75mm and pull it in towards the car 14mm. This last change is needed as the style pack curves slightly inwards. Detachable towbar now fits perfectly. Yes its 75mm closer to the ground, but still plenty of clearance.

regards