ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

toxic fume monitoring light on and off after filling up with tesco 99ron

renault clio r 172
i filled up with tesco 99ron for the first time normally use 95ron from shell or morrisons was ok for about 10 miles then went to go into to 5 gear and just went all lumpy and lost power then toxic light came on got it home and it stayed on and sounded like it was miss firing and spluttering from the back box. went to drive to garage the other day and was still doing and light was still on then changed into 3rd and it just come back to life light stayed on thoe decided to leave it and see how it went light went off after about 20 miles. driving it yesterday and it started misfiring again and light started flashing again but stop again on way home and all running normall again and no light but really lumpy on tick over could it be bad fuel as i have heard tesco fuel is crap thanx.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I always fill mine with Momentum 99 and it's fine, filled up with V-Power a few months back and it idled weird from cold.

Could just be the change in fuel...

renault clio r 172
thanx for the help i am going to see how it goes nealy used the tesco fuel and going to put in what i used too and see if it gooes back to normall dont want to pay for test if it is just s**t fuel.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
My old RB clio used to throw it's engine management light on whenever I put s**t fuel in it. As soon as I put Vpower in it and let it get through, it went out.

No idea if that's at all possible or if it was coincidence.