ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

toyo t1r or proxes 4's

BMW 535d
Hi guys,

Just got a set of turini's but there are some tyres that need replacing. I will most likely be going for one of these 2 and just wondered what everyone's experiences are with both choices.

If you can recommend another tyre for very similar price then let me know :)

Cheers
Jake

LY 172
Hankook k110 v12 Evo's

or

Pirelli Pzero Nero's

save up and get
Yokahama Advan Neova AD08's

toyos wear out way to quickly for me

PB Clio 172
I have proxes 4's and I think they are a great tyre.

Some people slate them but I can't see any reason why. I chose these over the Hankooks and am more than happy

Ill be guessing but i think just road use? If so id prob just go for proxes 4's. I have T1rs on my 182 but need changed now, not best in the wet.

WRX
If it is a 1.2 and it's only for road use, do you really need anything other than budgets?
Really?

172 Cup
I have always used Toyo's in the past but when the clio needed new tyres i went for the Uniroyal Rainsport 2's.

Providing that you dont drive that hard to overheat them (10mins on track) they are brilliant! I'll never use toyos again.

WRX
And when it rains?
Put my wipers on and drive at a safe speed.

For 21 years of driving on the road I've never once really thought that I NEEDED performance tyres, especially on a 1.2 car.
On track different story.

BMW 535d
yes its a 1.2 and for road use but where i am there can be quite a lot of standing water so dont want some budget rubbish that wont work in the wet. How do the uniroyals compare to the toyo's? There were 2 on the turini's but they are really bad tread levels so dont want to push hard on them.

WRX
Well based on this, as it's rained overnight and my wife's only got budget tyres, she better not go to work today.
:banghead:

RB 182
I find T1R's totally fine in dry and wet. If your going to be thrashing it about or pushing the car to it's grip levels then yes they will give in easier to better and more expensive tyre makes, but normal driving they do the job just fine.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Proxe 4s will be more than enough for 1.2

T1R are more performance aimed as are T1S.

Or have a look at Falken ZE912 or FK452's. May be a similar price and will last a bit longer.

Or Kumho KU31/37/39. Again just as good as proxe 4's but will last a bit longer and should be a littler bit cheaper.