ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TP-link Deco Reoccurring Issue

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
It's getting to the stage where I'm going to have to bin off the deco's they are becoming so unreliable.

I've got bt fibre 500 and I have no issues with the bt home hub.

The deco's work for a bit then after a few days just stop, speed drops to 5mb/s. No matter what I do I cannot get the speed to be normal, reset them, reset the bt fibre modem etc...

Yet as soon as I plug the BT HH back in, bosh instant 500mb again. But plug the deco back in and 5mb.

After many hours or a day the deco's will just start to work.

Any suggestions?

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
TP-Link stuff is garbage. My son has the Deco mesh in his house and he’s always complaining.

I’ve just switched to Yayzi - £35 for 1GB on a 30 day rolling contract. They supplied me with Aginet TP-Link router. 450 mb in the front room and 46 mb through a plasterboard wall into the adjoining room - on a good day.

I switched over to my EERO 6 mesh systems and I’m getting 950mb front room and 700 mb in the room next door.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Just to balance, I have Deco mesh and its been good for the last 3 years. Only ever goes down when there's an issue BT side.

Have you run the diagnostic stuff in their app Andy or given support a call? How have you got it setup?

I have a primary unit which is wired to my router, then the other units mesh to this one, I keep the BT hub wifi turned off and just use the Deco mesh. Heard EERO are brilliant, if I was buying now I would buy them.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Just to balance, I have Deco mesh and its been good for the last 3 years. Only ever goes down when there's an issue BT side.

Have you run the diagnostic stuff in their app Andy or given support a call? How have you got it setup?

I have a primary unit which is wired to my router, then the other units mesh to this one, I keep the BT hub wifi turned off and just use the Deco mesh. Heard EERO are brilliant, if I was buying now I would buy them.
No I've not, I'll try it next time it happens

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
To echo Rob, we've had them for 6 months and not had an issue with it dropping speeds.

The only issue we've had is with the wireless printer, if we're in the living room trying to print in the bedroom we have to go there as I think that printer is connected to the bedroom deco?

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I’ve also had them coming up 6 months and they’ve been spot on.

Only one of them drops out occasionally and that’s because it is miles away from the other ones, so in essence I know I’m pushing my luck with it.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Mine goes bt fibre modem straight into deco.
The bt hh is not plugged in at all

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
I've had Deco Mesh for around 2 years now too, and I've not had any issues other than when my Virgin connection goes down. I get 500mb/s in every room in the house, whereas before with just the Virgin router, I'd be lucky to get double figures in my study.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
I've had Deco Mesh for around 2 years now too, and I've not had any issues other than when my Virgin connection goes down. I get 500mb/s in every room in the house, whereas before with just the Virgin router, I'd be lucky to get double figures in my study.
With the bt hh plugged in I get 500mb, with the deco I get 250mb.

Whilst 250mb is fine for me, it's the always dropping rhats causing the issue.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
So you have one unit plugged into your router? Thats the primary.

Can you plug a different unit into the router instead and give that a go, you might have a single unit with a fault? This might fix it.

The speed will always drop with a mesh/repeater setup

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
So you have one unit plugged into your router? Thats the primary.

Can you plug a different unit into the router instead and give that a go, you might have a single unit with a fault? This might fix it.

The speed will always drop with a mesh/repeater setup
It goes bt fibre modem, wired directly into first deco, then I have a second deco wired into the first deco via a switch.

They came as a pack of three, so could dig the third out the loft and replace the main deco.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
What model? If they are wired together they should be acting as hot spots not mesh, in my limited understanding a hotspot shouldn't drop/half speed. Wonder if you have a settings issue.

Id get the spare one out the loft and replace #1 to see if it changes things first.