ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Track day coming up...pressure up or down?

Clio 182
Hi guys,

On the road I run 33 front and 31 rear on my Michelin Pilot Sport 3's (205/45/16). Got a trackday coming up and have read different things about whether pressure should be maintained at the same you run on the road, increased for greater sidewall durability, or decreased for a wider tyre print!

Is this simply a matter of opinion, or is there a common way any of you guys who track your cars like to follow?

Thanks,

Ross

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
As above.
We generally as a rule drop them a few psi when cold and do a few laps and then see how they are holding up.
You would be suprised at how quickly heat gets into your Tyres and how much it effects the pressure within them.

Clio 182
Right ok glad i asked now!! cheers lads ...so should I be aiming for maintaining 33/31 when they are at full tempurature, or should they be ran at a higher temp?

Would 28/26 psi be a good starting point to begin with?

Evo 8 MR
You will begin to feel if it is too high when your out there so just go with what feels best.

Definitely bring them down as has been said though.