ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

track day prep

ff cup ur 200
ive booked a novice track day at cadwell park on the 22nd of april which is sessioned (7x20mins) plus ive booked an hr with an instructer, ive got a ff 2oo cup and was thinkin of just sticking with the standard pads as i am only really gonna be doing 8 or 9 laps max, am i deluded? pads have only done 12,000 miles and have plenty of life left in them, cheers alex.

Standard pads should be fine as long as you're not out on track for ages at a time.
Let them cool down too before you come into the pits.

Watch your tyre pressures too.

ff cup ur 200
Standard pads should be fine as long as you're not out on track for ages at a time.
Let them cool down too before you come into the pits.

Watch your tyre pressures too.
spot on on that was the answer i wanted to here, what tyre pressures would you suggest ive got yoko ad 08 on the front and conti sport contacts on the back

ff cup ur 200
For a novice you'd be better swapping that round with contis on the front.

think i might do that and then when the contis are shot ill match the rears up with a couple more yokos, cheers for the advice chaps. i cant wait for the track day to come round ive been intending to get one booked for years hope its dry!

Craig_B

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182
I'm thinking about doing this day. If I have my 172 on the road.

Would only be my second day, and Cadwell looks an Awesome track.

ff cup ur 200
I'd be replacing the pads. 12k they'll have worn a fair amount.

ye good shout, was going to take a spare set with me actually. ill get and hunt down a set, any one any tips on where to get a cheap set of oe pads?

ff cup ur 200
@craig b it would be good to meet up, ive got an hr booked with an instructer as its my 1st track day and thought it would be benifical. hopefully see you there.

Audi A5
If you don't know what your looking for, get someone to have a look at your pads, you could have alot of life left in them still, what sort of driving do you do? Around town, motorway etc...

if you do need pads, g172 will probably be the cheapest, he's a trader on here. Ds2500's are a good upgrade over standard.

I personally would say try an keep your pressures at 2bar/1.8bar all round, and check them when you come back in pits as that's when their be up to temp.

172 cup, Impreza P1
Tyre pressures depends on how much heat you get into them so there isn't a right of wrong. Start about 30psi on the front and 26 on the rear and see how it goes. Will depend on track temp, weather, your driving style, how long you are out on track, your setup, etc.

Some say start at road pressures but I would drop a few psi from that.

Clio 172
Buy a tyre pressure gauge from Halfords and monitor the tyre pressures. I usually run my fronts hot at 28 and rears slightly more say 29/30

Clio 200
I was at cadwell on thursday in my 200 with ad08s and ran 28r and 27f Took a while to get the heat into them though. Track temp was rather low