ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Track Ph1 And Trailer £5000 ono.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Cup 172
That does look good. I fancy buying a trailer at some point. What are the doos and don't with a trailer? Insurance? Size of tow car?

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Pretty sure you have to take a test now if you got your license after a certain date? Circa 1999 I think?

I could be wrong as its only something a vaguely remember hearing once.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Cup 172
Ah you could be right. Similar to the old D1 thing aswell. I'll look into it. Does the tow car need to be a big diesel 3 litre?

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Renault Clio 172
Loads of daft rules regarding towing so read it carefully, if you dont have b+e on your licence you can only tow up to 750kg... you can tow more than that aslong as the train weight doesn't exeed 3.5t

E.g if I was in a 3.5t transit and it was fully loaded I could tow 750kg so train weight would be 4.25t
If I was in the same van but it was only half loaded and weighed say 2.5t I could tow 1t so train weight would be 3.5 ton.

Im sure they do it intentionally to screw more money out of us in fines