ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Track rods ends & ball joints

might have problem with siezed track rod ends (also get right ends, as there are two kinds male and female), try a little heat on them if they are not moving), ball joints are fairly easy although two problems might present themselves. Pinch bolt that holds ball joint to hub carrier often shears when you go to slacken it (dont worry you get new bolt with your new joints) but does mean you might have to drift bolt out with a punch or something. Also when you reassembly them the wishbone is very springy up the way, which makes it awkward to get it all back together. If this happens, undo the anti roll bar outer links from wishbone, so you are able to keep wishbone out the way till you reassemble hub to ball joint.

Also remember to get your wheel alignment done afterward. New ball joints make a world of difference youll be delighted, less clonking and a tighter feel to car

Clio Mk1 Hybrid

Alex,

Thanks for your reply, most helpful. I already have the parts, the track rod ends are male on my car.

Im hoping that this will tighten up my vague, light steering. If not it means a new rack!:(

Thanks

James

James, check track rod inner joints as these often are worn and it feels like the rack when it aint always