ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Track spec 197

Clio 197 BMW Msport
Yeah i have a pair of Cobra Suzuka's with Schroth Harness', 6 Point on the drivers side and a 4 point for the Pax
Oh cool. How did you mount the tunnel side harness? were you able to find a hole for the harness eye? From looking today I could see that the current safety belt buckle is fixed to the seat.

What are you going for to improve the handling.
Will you be looking to copy the cup racers?
It already has KW Clubsports fitted with adjustable top mounts so not planning on doing too much there. I've ordered Dunlop DZ03G tyres too which are supposed to be good. I had planned on fitting a LSD diff to it but it was going to cause a big delay on getting it so instead I'm planning on fitting one over xmas.

Clio 197 BMW Msport
Removed the Recaros last night and almost gave myself a hernia in the process! Lol. Damn those things are heavy.
88D37A09-584C-4E8E-9431-338FD77830D8_zpsd9avzooc.jpg

I have a fitted an adjuster to the drivers seat but have fixed the passenger seat. In all honesty it feels so much better already and has a much lower seating position compared to the Recaros which feel very high in the car. This will probably help with improving the handling too.
That's about it in terms of weight reduction for now as I don't want to wreck the looks of the car and make it look too stripped. It has much more of a R26R feel to it inside now.

We found when dropping the drivers seat that the steering wheel was too high and there was insufficient adjustment, therefore we lowered the column using washers on the mounting bolts to get it to a more reasonable position.

Clio 197 BMW Msport
Yeah I know what you mean. It's positioned just right now. The passenger seat is slightly lower since it doesn't have the sliding adjustment.

Clio 197 BMW Msport
Love it mate! Keep it up

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thanks mate! All of the 5 safety belt mechs are removed now too. Thats about it now for reductions except for removing the fog lights. I took it for a spin earlier and will be using it tomorrow and it feels so much better now with the new seating position. Theres also a lot more exhaust and induction note too. I know it's childish but we're all kids at heart! lol

I'm off to Forge in Castle Combe in it on the weekend. I haven't had a chance to book any track action but might see if I can get a slot on the day. My mates taking his R26 down and we'll also be taking the trackspec C2 demo car for some giant slaying.

Does anyone have any experience of the 4 - 1 exhaust manifolds? Are they worth fitting? Also are there any real benefits for removing the cat? Obviously I would need a remap but is it worth it?

Clio 197 BMW Msport
A couple of photos from the weekend
12633801-66E9-42FA-8A5B-F32395512E13_zps3xksnvgq.jpg

305AB5E9-DC29-43F3-A597-C3F508712EF3_zpszhbmszx0.jpg

Just ordered a 4-1 stainless manifold and sports cat. Then it's off for mapping. I have a track day booked in Abingdon on the 14th of October. Looking forward to driving it properly.

Where have you guys fitted your go pros?

Clio 197 BMW Msport
I've got to buy one of these asap.
Yeah I know what you mean. I had 182's before hand but really like the 197.

Just picked up a 200cell sports cat and a 4-1 planning on fitting them at the weekend before a mapping session at the end of the month.

Clio 197 BMW Msport
Thanks guys.

Few pics from today.
BC120867-666D-49CA-B011-09EC0D2C6667_zpsvaxstmxt.jpg

God I love this colour!
4EC05754-B53F-41BB-B617-9F630726030F_zps5yhuknqs.jpg

There's loads of adjustment left on the top mounts so am planning on measuring the camber this week and maybe adjusting depending on the result. What camber are you guys running?

New seats in and all the stripping of the inside done.
CCEB6B74-9333-4D14-BB57-6EE7864D3513_zpsvoe7qtyy.jpg

45C797DA-7317-4239-AC04-6C599FEDB0C2_zpsxvwxn54o.jpg

Camera mounted ready!

Clio 197 BMW Msport
Fitted a stud and nut conversion this evening. I'd like to find a set of spare wheels but not sure what to go for. Ideally second hand as I'm going to use them for track use only, any recommendations?

Clio 200...
What subframes did you use with the buckets? I'd like to fit some to mine so any help is greatly appreciated!

Clio 197 BMW Msport
The subframes are Sparco ones with Sparco side mounts and an OMP seat adjuster on the drivers side. The seats are so much lower than standard items. I couldn't be happier with new position.

Clio 197 BMW Msport
Some photos from the weekend. Tyre fitting.
0AC7D5AC-C14A-4BAF-A1E5-499D6B190552_zpsly7knttt.jpg

New tyres fitted and new wheel stud conversion. I also pressure washed under all arches as it was pretty dirty underneath.
236654A8-C779-4B32-A6E7-E01E41C2EE77_zpshc9qmk2m.jpg

Nice and clean! I ended up removing the rear carbon diffuser to see if I could fit the tow strap some how and in the process broke one of the mounting studs. So removed the two heavy mounting brackets and re welded a new stud then took the hole saw to the brackets to lighten them.
384225F1-8E4B-45E0-812A-B7940D6A21EC_zpsmssczdet.jpg

Also gave the front pads a quick check over to find that it has Ferodo DS3000 pads fitted which have had a fair bit of use by the looks so will look to change them for CL RC6 pads after Abingdon. In the process of removing the pads one of the R clips on the brembo pins broke. Does anyone know if you can buy those separate?

BG Clio 182
Some photos from the weekend. Tyre fitting.
0AC7D5AC-C14A-4BAF-A1E5-499D6B190552_zpsly7knttt.jpg

New tyres fitted and new wheel stud conversion. I also pressure washed under all arches as it was pretty dirty underneath.
236654A8-C779-4B32-A6E7-E01E41C2EE77_zpshc9qmk2m.jpg

Nice and clean! I ended up removing the rear carbon diffuser to see if I could fit the tow strap some how and in the process broke one of the mounting studs. So removed the two heavy mounting brackets and re welded a new stud then took the hole saw to the brackets to lighten them.
384225F1-8E4B-45E0-812A-B7940D6A21EC_zpsmssczdet.jpg

Also gave the front pads a quick check over to find that it has Ferodo DS3000 pads fitted which have had a fair bit of use by the looks so will look to change them for CL RC6 pads after Abingdon. In the process of removing the pads one of the R clips on the brembo pins broke. Does anyone know if you can buy those separate?
You must have the special brembo pins. Think the guy who does them is on 197.net might be Mr pink? I'm not sure don't quote me haha. I'm sure he'll sort you out. The brembos normally have pins that need thumping out and are a right pain haha.

Clio 197 BMW Msport
Oh right, I hadn't realised there were different types. It's no wonder I couldn't find any. These need a good thump to get them in but had the addition of r-clips too. Thanks for the info!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Yeah, the ones with the r clips were designed and made by a 197.net member as the OEM ones are notorious for seizing in.

Any similar r Clip will do, go to b&q or similar and pick one up