ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

track wheels

now then fellas. im after a spare set of 16'' track wheels. currently the car has OZ ultraleggera's with toyo proxy T1-R tyres and they were spot on on track yesterday, give me some advice to which wheel u think we should go for...theyve got to be wide (think et-37) and we plan on putting slicks/888 on this set of wheels.

secondly brakes...it has brembo high carbon front and rear disks on at the minute with carbon lorraine pads. is there a cheapish upgrade possible ie grooved disks or different pads?? the set up we had yesterday was superb but i suppose can always be improved....

cheers :)

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Brembo Max Disks maybe otherwise you will be talking serious Money and a Four Pot Conversion :D

You got Braided Lines on it with Uprated Fluids??

I'd just get some OZ F1's in 15" if they are going to be Purely for Track Use, Cheaper Tyres etc. and 15" Seems the Size of Choice for the track Boys on here

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Go for 15 s tbh, tyres are alot cheaper. Cup racers used to use the 15's aswell.

We use 15 OZ F1's on our PH1 track car they are ideal.

As for brakes if you dont have Braided lines get some :D
ferado DS2500 Pads all day long.
Grooved disc EAT through pads so i would not recoment them.

yes mate Goodridge stainless steel braided lines with ATE Super Blue Racing brake fluid.good advice re 15'' wheels....what track tyres do you use in the wet and dry?

Clio 172
Alright lads, new to the site. Own same track 172 as Dave. We are also after some advice on a cold air feed. Wheres best to buy etc???

Cheers

Clio 172
Alright lads, new to site. Own same 172 as Dave. We are also after some advice on a cold air feed. Wheres best to buy etc????

Cheers

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
yes mate Goodridge stainless steel braided lines with ATE Super Blue Racing brake fluid.good advice re 15'' wheels....what track tyres do you use in the wet and dry?

We use Parada spec 2's in the wet and the dry, they are so cheap it would be rude not to.
Heard R888s are real good in the dry but they are twice the price we pay for our paradas, so really not worth it for us yet.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Renault_Clio_PH1_-_White_wheels_5.jpg

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Found the first time out they we wearing but that was mainly due to our driving, 2nd time out they were alot tougher. And we were alot better and nicer on them.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Arent paradas meant to be lethal in the wet though?

Ours felt fine at croft, Wet driving is all about finding grip where there is no on a track, we found driving of line in the rain they were suitable for speeds we are doing.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
we have just put a set on the track car for road use. You just have to be careful of Standing water, which you should avoid anyhow.