ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TRACKDAY - Come On Guys!

Renault Laguna Coupe

I paid £55 last time but Im not going to bother again - the covers crap and I think the track is a lot safer than the road!

Hay guys, just looked on the Palmersport booking page, and it now reads ............

There are currently 26 places available for this Track Day.

Only one to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I may have a possible, but wont know until tomorrow, hes meant to be moving house, but its touch and go whether it happens on friday or not..... :-/

Could we bargain with them about the amount of spectators/additional drivers and go with 14?

Kathy - Im not going back on my offer though - it still stands if needed.

Renault Laguna Coupe

We do have 15 drivers - Vals an additional driver, so thats given them an extra £75. With a few tators theyve got the same amount of money that theyd have had with 15 cars / drivers.... yeah??

well the extra driver is only £75 not £135 so they dont quite have the same amount do they?!?!? however, we are getting there!

Are there any places where you can empty you car? Ill probably have a boot full of stuff and wont want to be driving around with all that crap in the boot! ??

Tony - the pits would be reasonably safe and secure - especially since it is more or less only club members going to be there ! - But might i suggest you empty it before you go up there????
K

Yeah, the pit lane will be fine, therell always be a few of us around, but getting rid of the stuff you dont need from your boot might still be a good idea

Go on Tony - you know you want to. You definitely wont regret it one single bit.

John - "give me a ring and well sort whatever needs done"!!! What you planning on doing? Kidnapping Jonathan Palmer and holding him for the ransom of an afternoon on his circuit for 14 cars!!!

Rich

Trouble is, ill have some suitcases and a full PC in the car. Dont want to leave those around. Maybe I can re-arrange plans... Shall see what I can do.

Ok, seeing im a trackday virgin, is there anything i need to know before i go? Anything I need to take (like driving license etc) ????

Driving License is a must. Apart from that, a helmet if you have one (otherwise you can hire one - £50 deposit) and a couple of extra PSI in your tyres is also advisable.

Oh, and empty the cabin of anything that might come loose! You dont want that can of pop jamming under the brake when you come to the end of the long straight at 120mph!!

Phew - thank god for that then!!! I can relax now - not that it means more cant go if they want!!!! well done everybody and thanks for your help to get enough signed up, and Roamer thanks for your "extra offer" K

Great stuff guyz, thanks Tony, you wont regret it matey, itll be great.

Kathy - No worries, saying stuff like that might get people wondering though eh?