ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trackday derv??

172 5HED
So some of you know my car now and the visions I had, pay cut has put paid to that :(

SO... Im thinking of a DCI 100, stripped right down and tweaked a little.

Cheap to buy and they map to 125 with 250nm.

Should be handy if set up right with suspension and brakes circa 900kg and if it goes pop its no biggie, will also be good on the juice for the daily slog I have to do to work?

Plus, I could polycarb the fucker etc.... and not worry about the issues Im facing now with having to find STD bits to put back in etc...

Good idea or stupid?? I'm not sure lol:eek:

172 5HED
Speak to Martin_172 on here, hes a dci pervert

Sweet, ta pal! I think it could be a win win as there is all the kit there like subframes where as for the 197 it all costs ££££

Could f**k about with the engine and cheap bits like a DIY front mount and see how it does, guessing the torque will make up for the low BHP?

Black 172 PH2
Strip it, re-map it, get the right suspension set up, and i could imagine it would be some good fun.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Could you not squeeze to a VTS/GTi, Phase 1 172 even GTI-6? Keep the derv as a daily with the comforts, then strip/hardcore up the track car?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
LOL Kev you think like me.

I always thought a 172 Cup with a DCi 100 in it would make just about the most perfect commuting car ever. Would have done something like that if I could be arsed, but I couldn't hence the Iggy.

E36 328
Wasnt there a foreign guy who tracked his dci? In the project section was the thread title about the changing of the car of his wife or something lol

172 5HED
172 subframe, arms, hubs and suspension!

Bingo, crashed 172 on teh bay?;)

Mark, could be a fun project TBH, may buy an 80 yet cos they are dead cheap and change the turbo as its just the turbo, fuel pump and intercooler halping the 100 along!

audi a6 3.0tdi
if you stick to tight twisty tracks it should be great it may struggle a little on any with long straights which need out right power though.

I love diesels but i know mine struggles in out right pace against a petrol but on midrange stuff it can show petrol up.

audi a6 3.0tdi
Yeah, how gutted would they be at FCS etc... getting bummed by a DCI, worth it for the lols!

I doubt that'll ever happen even the lad with the tuned dci has only got 190ftlb of torque which is only 40 ftlb up from a 172 but the lack of power is too much.

Hero Spec Nimbus 200
don't get a dci 100, quite possibly worst gearbox in the wolrd (imo of course) get a dci 80, panel filter, get a decat ( or second hand cat and smash out internals ) remap, and strip it. Your onto a winner.

The 80's are alot better in standard form than the 100's are imho.

172 5HED
I doubt that'll ever happen even the lad with the tuned dci has only got 190ftlb of torque which is only 40 ftlb up from a 172 but the lack of power is too much.

Gutted :( Still, could be fun!

don't get a dci 100, quite possibly worst gearbox in the wolrd (imo of course) get a dci 80, panel filter, get a decat ( or second hand cat and smash out internals ) remap, and strip it. Your onto a winner.

The 80's are alot better in standard form than the 100's are imho.

Sweet, OK mate, they are cheaper to buy too ;)
Have you considered a fabia vrs Ibiza 1.9tdi thing nice and tuneable bullet proof engine

Yeah but I dont really want to tear one of thos appart TBH, I do like them though!

Can't see a dci being enough tbh 200bhp 1.9 would be a decent track toy an still cheap day to day theirs just not enough to be had out of a 1.5 dci i'd worry it won't handle the strain long term

172 5HED
Can't see a dci being enough tbh 200bhp 1.9 would be a decent track toy an still cheap day to day theirs just not enough to be had out of a 1.5 dci i'd worry it won't handle the strain long term

Suppose, but with taking every ounce of weight out I was hoping it would level things out a little!

Have a look on briskoda an seatcupra.net even YouTube. Theirs some
Monster tdis about judging from your 197 you did alot to its the perfect base

Why are you against striping a furby you ripped a new cup to shreads

Ph1 or track car is another good idea tbh

Would like to see the dci track vids tbh if you decide to go with it

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Just buy a ph1 172 for peanuts or a track prepped mark 1. Sounds like you're pissing about with changing engines etc when I think it can be done alot more easily.

audi a6 3.0tdi
I know a certain someone selling a black ph1 lol. I don't think there is enough potential in the clio diesel to make it worth while.