ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricardo's 200EDC

All the sale gubbins is done and now just the small matter of picking this up next weekend. It came up for sale last week and knowing what's been done to this and how well it's been put together it was hard to say no. I've been away from the Renaultsport scene for nearly 18 months for various reasons, and to be fair if this hadn't have come up for sale when it did I would have carried on with life without the need. So now I can slowly get back into the swing of meet ups, cars n coffee, trackdays etc. It's good to be back 😊
sketch-1637794549659.png
sketch-1637794518915.png

Spec list:
2014 EDC 200T Lux
320bhp 285 ftlb of torque
Hybrid turbo
Uprated fuel pump
Modified inlet and turbo cold side outlet.
Custom K&N filter with direct cold feed
Proalloy Intercooler
Proalloy Radiator
Complete Inoxcar turbo back exhaust, legal sportcat, extra mid box silencer.
Lower yellow torque mount
£4000’s worth of AST custom suspension, with not just height, but adjustable rebound damping and separate fast and low speed compression damping all fully adjustable.
Clio 220 steering rack
Brembo four pot conversion
Bimetallic RS discs and Ferodo pads.
Cup racer wheels in red, Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2s.
Black cup racer wheels with Michelins
Phase 2 220 front end with cold feed and mesh instead of the flag lights.
Pure Vision headlights
Elia front splitter

Mechanically it's perfect, everything has been done with tried and tested products. Style wise there will be 2-3 changes, other than that this page will be updated as a progress thread.

from what I can find the early euro 5 200 and 220 had different turbos and intakes but the euro 6 200 and 220 were the same. (euro 5 to 6 switch was mid 2015)

Steering wheel and rear LED lights finally fitted! After having a friend make the loom adapters I had the Clio booked in again with ELF Automotive to do both jobs.

Swapping the light units over on both the car and tailgate is one thing but you need the adapters as the original loom connectors are different, you also have to run 2 wires from the light loom behind the carpet on the passenger side of the boot into the tailgate to connect to the tailgate lights. This means unclipping interior parts, the back of the headlining and tailgate plastic. As well as loom splicing this was something I didn't want to get involved in 😁

A couple of hours later and we have a back end with updated rear lights and a steering wheel I won't cry at every time I get into the car.

Loom adapters
20231109_210330~2.JPG
20231207_164337.JPG
20231207_144903~2.JPG
20231207_175909~2.JPG
20231207_175806~2.JPG

Steering wheel and rear LED lights finally fitted! After having a friend make the loom adapters I had the Clio booked in again with ELF Automotive to do both jobs.

Swapping the light units over on both the car and tailgate is one thing but you need the adapters as the original loom connectors are different, you also have to run 2 wires from the light loom behind the carpet on the passenger side of the boot into the tailgate to connect to the tailgate lights. This means unclipping interior parts, the back of the headlining and tailgate plastic. As well as loom splicing this was something I didn't want to get involved in 😁

A couple of hours later and we have a back end with updated rear lights and a steering wheel I won't cry at every time I get into the car.

Loom adapters
View attachment 1671714View attachment 1671715View attachment 1671716View attachment 1671717View attachment 1671718

Top notch. Is that a scangauge by the gear stick? Do you not have rs monitor? Madness they don't have a coolant temp display on them.

Top notch. Is that a scangauge by the gear stick? Do you not have rs monitor? Madness they don't have a coolant temp display on them.
It is indeed, a nice thing to have and something I didn't know was in the car when it was up for sale. I do have RS Monitor as well but yes at least with the Scangauge I can read the coolant temp amongst a few other things.

It is indeed, a nice thing to have and something I didn't know was in the car when it was up for sale. I do have RS Monitor as well but yes at least with the Scangauge I can read the coolant temp amongst a few other things.

Good idea. As I can only have either android auto or rs monitor on at the same time.

Insurance renewal time, I've been with Keith Michaels since owning the Clio. After having a massive claim back in 2020 they were the only company for me that were and still are the most competitive, not only that they have been by far the most straightforward and easiest people to deal with. More than happy to hand over the payment in full, so another year behind the wheel ☺️
1000035313-01.jpeg