ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trackday tyre bags

Clio 182
The ones you listed are very light weight .. I have them and avoid using them at all costs. I went to my local VW dealer and got these :
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=171381943225
Volkswagen Alloy Wheel Storage Bag Set.
These are brilliant, the Velcro is a really good addition and the wheels can be hoofed around by the handle and never comes off. I paid £20 all in at the dealers ship, try the Skoda ones if you don't have any luck (usually 20% cheaper than VW)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Nice one mate will give skoda a ring Monday. Without sounding daft, just ask for wheel storage bags?

Great tip. I shall look at getting a set of these. @imprezaworks you can be the Skoda guinea pig and come back with a price/part number :D

Mind you - it's almost worth the extra 20% additional cost to not have SKODA branding.

Should keep this quiet and sell them for £60 like VAG splitters lol!

Clio 182
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425230519.319937.jpg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Spot on mate, exactly what I'm after. Will give skoda/vw a buzz tomo. Have fun on track mate

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
I have some Audi ones and fit 15's fine as well, assume they are the same just different colours..

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
I use the Skoda ones for my 18 inch winter/summer wheels and tyres and for some 15 inch track wheels and they are fine for both.
No Skoda branding on them just Black and a logo for what corner they are for on the car
Part number is ZGBUB000073900 Think I paid about £22
DSC02395_zpsmrqzt5vr.jpg

Clio 182
They're 15 in the bag chap .. 195/50/15 tyres.
Check the pic with the Velcro .. There's a lot of adjustment and you can see we're the draw strings (actually mini straps) are tied to pic up the slack!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I rang trade parts (tps). That vw part number is wrong aparantly. I've ordered some skoda ones for £22.87 inc vat, be with me tomo

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
I have the cheap ebay ones and as already said, they are very thin. The quality of stitching is bad (one of mine had the stitching 'through' the draw string). They do the job fine, they keep things cleaner, they allow easy lifting with the straps, but If i had known some decent quality ones were only a few quid more would have gone for them.

clio 197
I have the cheap ebay ones and as already said, they are very thin. The quality of stitching is bad (one of mine had the stitching 'through' the draw string). They do the job fine, they keep things cleaner, they allow easy lifting with the straps, but If i had known some decent quality ones were only a few quid more would have gone for them.
Atter a wheel falling on its side costing £60 refurb,mine are completely covered,and padded on one side,Multicoloured,a strap.all the way round,which can also be removed,and used to tie down to hooks/roll cage etc,AND, anything i want put on,i.e. Megan R26R/Forum name/Proper name etc. I don't see the point of them,if they don't protect the alloy.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I agree tbh, certainly reference the falling part. Guess I will just need to be careful which tbf I am

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
Atter a wheel falling on its side costing £60 refurb,mine are completely covered,and padded on one side,Multicoloured,a strap.all the way round,which can also be removed,and used to tie down to hooks/roll cage etc,AND, anything i want put on,i.e. Megan R26R/Forum name/Proper name etc. I don't see the point of them,if they don't protect the alloy.
My alloys aren't worth protecting, I mainly wanted them for the mild protection from wet/dirty tyres on the interior/door cards that loose tyres sliding around create. The denotation of tyre position was a mild bonus also, which the cheap ones do have, although stupidly they show a steering wheel on the wrong side, may as well shown none.