ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

***Trackday Tyre Preasures***

What to set them to on a standard size rim on a Cup.

Been invited to drive at the Scottish Motor Fair at Knockhill this weekend. I never really change them when blasting the ITR on track nights, but wondered what peeps thought about the Cup on track. Never had it on yet.

Cheers,

Mac

Std pressures, or circa 32 when cold.

Messing about with tyre pressures is an easy way to tweek or destroy the handling, and i am assuming you dont have a pyrometer to meature tyre temps across its carcass, you cant check and make alterations depending on hot spots.

And is the motor fair a balls out track day or some show stuff?

Track nights!???

MEGANE

I found the cup tyres work much better 38-40 fr 34 rears in the dry!! never run in the wet but would need to be lower around 30-32 fr 28-30 rears.

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 11 April 2004

Std pressures, or circa 32 when cold. Thought so

And is the motor fair a balls out track day or some show stuff? Balls out mate. As a Top Marques drivers, we have been invitied by Knockhill to have 2 x 50 min track sessions free of charge to show off our cars then display them in the padock til the end of the day

Track nights!??? Top Marques nights usually take place at nights. Cars worth £10000+ only and must be a registered driver with Knockhill. This is the only time I will take any good car on track. Limited spaces and no neds. 10 cars max on track at any one time to save any bumps etc - any prevent racing ;)

I would suppose it depends on how you like your car to handle . For outright speed , about 2psi higher all round works well on the Willy . Though I tend to run 35psi on the front and 24psi on the rear (cold temps) . The rears tend to overheat well before the fronts making for a lovely 4 wheel drift machine when you feel like having fun .

You can then just chuck the car into the corners and balance it on the throttle .

Ex Clio, BMW 120d sport

should leave them standard according to jon bussell, 3 times porsche cup winner, thats what he told my dad anyway when went driving with him other day at bruntingthorpe