ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trackday Tyres to be Outlawed?

My car is COMPLETELY different without those 888's.

Its a s**t law, you cannot argue that.
s**t law i agree, not the end of the world, track days still happend before road legal slicks and will happen after. Like i said, you will still enjoy the track day.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
s**t law i agree, not the end of the world, track days still happend before road legal slicks and will happen after. Like i said, you will still enjoy the track day.

I don't think I will tbh.

Since using 888's I don't think I can revert back!!! lol.

Sure you will, you hanvnt tried slicks yet have you? tbf, R888's and a like inspire over confidence, grip over ability

ITB'd MK1
Will the R888's make you drive any better? no! the tyres just offer more grip.
Will the level of fun you have on said track day change?i doubt it!

silly arguement. People who modify cars do so to improve the car, tyres are part of that.

I dont even think 888s are that bad in the wet, i was going round the outside of CSLs in the rain at snetterton with them. CSLs were an oversteery twitchy mess

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
I was wondering about getting 888s for my car. Think I will now while I still can as I don't want to be denied the chance to try them.

E30 318iS x2
It does suck, but whats a cheap set of wheels just to chuck in the boot and just change em when you get there?

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Where you going to store the wheels when you get there?

we alway take our track wheel in the boot, because after a few days they are no longer road legal because we recut them ;)

We just dump our road wheels in a garage at circuits like croft of donny where garages are available, if not i throw then in the boot of my car.

Do you take a jack, oil,water and a few tools to track days? if you do wheels are no more aggro.

We generally fill the 182 with petrol cans tools jack and all sorts when we are out on track.

But getting back stupid law! :mad: we should ban horse from the roads cos they mess roads up :mad: