ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trackdays/Tracktime

Track..

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Really, why? I mean I know the experianced guys will have a better ability to go round slower cars, but is there not going to end being a rather large difference in speed through corners?

i.e. someone like yourself could come into a corner, and be met by me on the apex doing snails mph!?

A track full of noobs tripping over each other, missing braking, turn & apex points playing follow the leader is just dangerous= BAD

If you follow a regular trackdayer you will see the lines, the braking points etc etc the experience will be better = GOOD

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Im sure if it looks like there are going to be a lot of newbies then they can put on a ducks and drakes sessions first to show people the lines etc.

It will 100% be CS members only. The Clio bit will be based on what spaces/how many we sell and various other things.

But people are getting sidetracked. This isn't about a CS event yet. This is just fact finding.

We've already started contacting people but like Dan said this is a fact finding thread more than anything.

We know how to go about organising a day, it's whether there's demand for it or not.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
it's whether there's demand for it or not.

It's turning the demand into hard cash that's the problem usually.

What you looking at 60-80 spaces depending on circuit, weekday or WE event, circuit prices vary considerably also.

Can I ask which tracks are being looked at for location?

The vauxhall forum used to book Donington park after a TDO had done an daytime event.
The cost of the evening 5-8pm worked out quiet cheap, (as the TDO had everything in place) but they had 40+ regulars who they could count on ;)

Clio 172
3 sessions at Trax last year, Oulton twice and again in June, hopefully Spa and the Ring in October. So addictive. Love it

Last edited:
  Ph2 Clio 172
If your just after looking for demand my personal view is that CS Members only is very restrictive and you wont have the demand. Clio's only (including non members) will be better, but will still be far short of the demand of a day open to anyone that is organised by CS.

A CS members only day will just be me, if I even went.
A Clio only day would be me and a friend.
An open day organised on/by CS would be me and 5 friends with 3 or 4 other cars, all of which have done a number of track days before.

Depends on who you want and what scale of day.

Last edited:
It will be ClioSport members only. This is certain.

As I've said about 5 times now..

It will 100% be CS members only. The Clio bit will be based on what spaces/how many we sell and various other things.

But people are getting sidetracked. This isn't about a CS event yet. This is just fact finding.

Ph2 Clio 172
I know, sorry, I'm just trying to highlight that when you say your are on a fact finding mission to gauge the demand, limiting the day to CS members only is going to seriously limit the demand for the day.

Thats all.

It will be worth looking at the Burnspeed Llandow day to see how many of the people who go to that aren't CS members.

If your looking at making a CS members only day then I probubly wouldn't come. As much as I would like to have a Clio dominated trackday with you lot, I'd rather go with a few friends I already know too.

Just saying you might want to hold off on the 100% CS members decision just yet.

I see what you're saying but then it's no different to any other trackday organised by the various companies. Half a dozen Clios and then whatever else.

If it's going to be a day full of randoms then there's no point us organising it.

It'll be members only. If that doesn't get the numbers then we won't do it.

We aren't doing this just for you and your mates! LOL

Clio 172
TBH the difference would be is it only open to Clio's or just anyone on CS. Anything else is irrelevant as if needs be they can join the forum.

Evo 5 RS
I know, sorry, I'm just trying to highlight that when you say your are on a fact finding mission to gauge the demand, limiting the day to CS members only is going to seriously limit the demand for the day.

Thats all.

It will be worth looking at the Burnspeed Llandow day to see how many of the people who go to that aren't CS members.

If your looking at making a CS members only day then I probubly wouldn't come. As much as I would like to have a Clio dominated trackday with you lot, I'd rather go with a few friends I already know too.

Just saying you might want to hold off on the 100% CS members decision just yet.

Yeah but you don't want the world and his wife there really. Revels is right in saying if you just jump in you'll end up with everyones mate there. Defeats the point of having a club day

Next thing you know you've got Timmy in his cable tied Silvia ruining it for everyone

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Insufficient funds and horsepower.

Can we have a little 1.2 trackday?
GOCO-EX_SPT2_11.jpg

Ph2 Clio 172
Because then it would just be like an ordinary track day...?

But you don't hear off ordinary track day companies having to 'gauge interest'.

How about a 50/50 split or something? A CS organised day with 50% of the spaces open to members only? It makes it still very much a 'CS day', but alleviates the risk of to few numbers?

Its just an idea. I think its worth throwing them about first before nailing down the 100% CS members limit, as I fear a day that restrictive will not only be on a small venue, but also likely not get enough interest.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
But you don't hear off ordinary track day companies having to 'gauge interest'.

Lol, maybe thats cause those companies already run trackdays and arent filling it up just with people from one forum.
I really cant see why people mind the people who run the forum asking the members if they would be interested in a new venture they might be planning that is likely to interest us.

How about a 50/50 split or something? A CS organised day with 50% of the spaces open to members only? It makes it still very much a 'CS day', but alleviates the risk of to few numbers?

Its just an idea. I think its worth throwing them about first before nailing down the 100% CS members limit, as I fear a day that restrictive will not only be on a small venue, but also likely not get enough interest.

Im sure the guys in charge will come up with a contigency plan for if it doesnt sell out (although based on the burpspeed one which is midweek and right over in wales and how quick thats going it seems unlikely) but they are just saying at this stage they want some data to plan from.

They have several options
CS members only in clio
CS members only but in any car
Clios only but dont have to be CS members
Anyone

I would imagine that there is a strong preference for it being kept for the core of what the site is about, ie its members and their clios, so if that can be done I personally think it would be a great day out, so if us giving them a bit of info helps that happen then personally I think we should all help them out :)

Ph2 Clio 172
I'm not sure how many times I need to say the same thing before you'll listen.

Goes both ways though. What I'm saying is I think a CS members only day will fail due to insufficient numbers.

You asked for opinions. Thats mine.

Chip - The Burnspeed day is not limited to CS members only.

WRX
I have to agree with the Gods/Mods etc.
I really think that there are enough of us, if enough notice was given, and at a central location. Perhaps some could even just pay for a morning or afternoon session for a little over half the price of the full day.
The Burpspeed Llandow day has shown there are enough members on here that would do it, so it doesn't really need to extend past members. There are quite a few of us that contribute to the "What trackdays are we doing" thread but nobody (myself included) has really jumped up and organised one for all of us until Tony and Jay did, so the opportunity was there for us all to just book on one together but we haven't.
Therefore I think it is best if it is organised through the forum admin itself, as I'm sure it would generate more interest. Perhaps a slalom event on the car park at CSS? Er no maybe not.

There is always a RSOC one at Bedford early in the year which is only open to RS members/forum users, at first and then the public at a later date. If numbers were expected to be low then perhaps that type of thing would be an option mods?

I would imagine that there is a strong preference for it being kept for the core of what the site is about, ie its members and their clios, so if that can be done I personally think it would be a great day out, so if us giving them a bit of info helps that happen then personally I think we should all help them out :)

Spot on.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Goes both ways though. What I'm saying is I think a CS members only day will fail due to insufficient numbers.

You asked for opinions. Thats mine.

Did they ask for opinions?

I saw this post:

Just curious as to how many of our members like to go on track with their cars.

And it seemed to be asking people if they wanted a trackday, not if they wanted to guess if others did too, lol

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Cool, well based on that, subject to it not being a date clash with anyting im already doing and subject to it just being vaguely in the normal sort of cost ballpark for a trackday (personally I wouldnt need it to be cheaper to tempt me in, in fact arguably I would be happy to pay a premium for it to be an all clio day as I think thats just an epic idea) then I can confirm I would definately like to attend.

And at no point have I asked for opinions on how to do things.

People have jumped on the thread and presumed what was planning. It's something that us as Admin are looking into.

I just wanted to get an idea of how many people actually go out on track/would ever go on track.

If the poll had been mostly 'I have no intention of going on track/I think it's too expensive' then we wouldn't need to spend anymore time investigating things.

I should have posted this thread under an alias. Much easier. Lol.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I think we've had enough response to get the jist.

Cheers guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.