ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tracking done but now I get tyre squeal?

LY Megane R26
Hi guys,

I had the tracking set today as I fitted some camber bolts
It was set at -2.2 deg on the camber, and I had the toe set to parallel
The tracking was done on a hunter alignment system, so was a fairly accurate system

Since getting this done ive noticed I've been getting some slight tyre squeal when cornering, it's not everytime I corner I get the squeal and can vary from just going round a small round about to a longer more progressive bend, but then sometimes it won't do it.

I can't figure out if its my driving or the settings? But it never did it before I changed the geometry, only since fitting te bolts and changing the toe.
I've jacked it up tonight to make sure it's all tight and ok, and nothing seems to be out of place or loose. The only thing I picked up on was there is a tiny bit of play in the tie rods which I think was cause by having the tracking adjusted as they're the original ones so probably disturbed them, but sure that wouldn't cause this tyre squeal? That would jus knock wouldn't it?

Any one else had this problem before? Or does any one have any suggestions to why it's doing it?

LY Megane R26
See that's the thing mine isn't just low speed. It happens at higher speeds too.
Went for a blast Sunday night and it squealed then too, when it didn't do that before either.

Checked tyre pressures too and they seemed ok, was only 32psi each side. Meant to be about that standard isn't it?

Cup In bits
Cheap tyres screaming for grip.

Maybe tyres rubbing on shocks with the added camber but most likely plastic tyres.

LY Megane R26
Ill have to have. Look for any rubbing marks on fri when I swap onto my track wheels.
Going to take it another place to get a free check to make sure it's all good with where the toe and camber is set and its all even

I wouldn't say the tyres are 'cheap' to buy, they're about £80 a tyre, they're continental premium contact 2's
not saying they're the best tyre. But surely they can't be as bad as some of the cheaper tyres?

Cup In bits
Tyre's should be fine, cheapo ones love a squeel but also any tyre will squeel with the right surface.

Cup In bits
I read that as conti sport contact 2 which is quite a good tyre, I have no experience with the 'premium' version

​Martin has answered your question though.

LY Megane R26
That's a good bit of feed back, I was looking to replace these with some p zeros I think when it comes to new tyres or something around that price, just a shame I don't do many miles so takes ages to wear down, unless I go for a few 'spirited' drives in them lol.

These came with the car though I certainly wouldn't have picked them as my road tyres.

Will see how the car is with the current camber and toe with the 888's on sat at mallory, should be interesting.