ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tracking + fixing damaged alloys help

Ok so I crashed my car again today although hopefully it will be cheaper to fix. I went round a bend quite slowly as its blind narrow and a 90 degree one but there was a car coming the other way and on trying to slam on resulted in the car skidding on the wet stone (it has just rained) and when I tried to get as close to the side of the road I scrapped the alloy on a curbe.

The other driver disappeared of so I assume there cars fine as there must have been a load of space on there side of the road but the problem is Ive scrapped the alloy around about 1/5 of its circumference on the edge its only a slight scrapping less than 1/2 mm I guess . But Im worried about

1 - How to fix is is the halfords kit and spray paint going to be enough?

2 - Should I get the tracking looked at? The car has always seemed different since when I got it back from last time I crashed it but it may just be me thinking it is. How much should it be to have it checked / adjusted?

3 - Is there any reason that the car should skid being as it has ABS and EDB etc on it

4 - Is there any reason the rear should always seem very light when braking round bends Im thinking the pads might not be working?

Thanks

insignia

sorry to hear that,i did exactly the same other week,my cars pulling like fuk to the right after 4000 rpm going in fri they said ive damaged the suspension.i had it realligned at kwik fit so dont know what exactly is wrong.it so horrible that feelin when u knock ure car-(especially the bit before you stop to check the damage out,ure wishing that you just imagined what you did telling yourself that you didnt hit it that hard).

Quote: Originally posted by 182 sport on 24 March 2004

sorry to hear that,i did exactly the same other week,my cars pulling like fuk to the right after 4000 rpm going in fri they said ive damaged the suspension.i had it realligned at kwik fit so dont know what exactly is wrong.it so horrible that feelin when u knock ure car-(especially the bit before you stop to check the damage out,ure wishing that you just imagined what you did telling yourself that you didnt hit it that hard).
Yep terriable waiting to see the results of a crash when you get out of a car. How much did it cost you if you dont mind us asking? and has it got it back to how it was before the crash?

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

get a 4 wheel allignment check done to check for sure(about £50)

your wheels will skid for a breif second when you first slam on the brakes as abs has to detect a skid before it works.your wheels skids then the abs cuts in and prevents it.depending on the surface you will get short breif noticable wheel lock as the wheels begins to lock and the abs sorts it out.the intial breif skid poss caused the car to aquaplan across the water on the road.

the rear end is probably just how the vehicle handles.fitting some uprated springs might help.

you could get the damaged wheel refurbed pretty cheap.

I know exactly how you feel mate. I had a knock on my near side wheel, and has never been right since. Maybe just in my head, but Ive had real problems with setting tracking, call pulling all over the place, well, something just not right.

more like 182 Sports problem. I hope nothing is damaged on mine, but once the weather is a bit better, Im gonna fit some lowering springs which will give me a good opertunity to inspect any damged items on the NS.

Hope nothing is too damged on yours. Id certianly go and have tracking done as Jay says. Any slight knock on wheel may put the tracking out. Could lead to odd tyre wear if not checked out. Good luck