ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Traction control light on after fitting aftermarket steering wheel

Phase 2 172
Just fitted my new aftermarket steering wheel. Obviously airbag and service lights are on as no airbag, but also my traction control light has come on and won't go away :S.

Any ideas??

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
I know this might sound really obvious, but have you made sure the ESP button by your right knee hasn't been pressed by accident?

Phase 2 172
Yeah I pressed it a few times and the light won't go off. Unless an abs sensor or something has popped out?

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Isn't TCS and Cruise on the same Circuit, so removing Cruise switch on Wheel might set it off.

if you have a Tuner or Fault reader it'll tell you whats wrong.

This may have been covered in the search section a few times too,

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Mmmmmmmmmmmm in that case I can only say get a fault reader on it, it'll pop up straight away what it is.

If you wheelspin the car what happens to the light out of curiosity?

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Give it a go, it';; be fun ( off road of course ), if the light doesn't change and stays on the circuit is constantly open, all you should have to do then is find it and....................... well I'd say snip but probably blank off with a battery or something, similar job to airbag lights.